Line at border

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
I was so mad- we got home about 11:30 last night. Does anyone have the border head's email? 3 people is unacceptable when you have people in 2 lines for about 1.5 miles.

Kiter

Yeah, we left the house at 2:30, expecting perhaps a 30 minute wait and it was a solid 2 hours. Running 3 of 5 lanes is like 60% efficiency to me, and that is not acceptable for Sunday, the known busiest return day of the week. Thought my wife was going to botch-slap a little white VW Toureg that cut in in front of me. Sure wish I could convince my wife to do 5:00 am Monday. Still working that angle.

Seahorse

We have multiple times got behind someone when they get to the customs agent don't have their paper work. They get out of the vehicle and go to the trunk and get birth certificates out of their luggage. It takes 10 to 15 minutes while the customs agent does a background check, because they don't have a passport. The last time that happened when we finally pulled up, the agent said they are going to start charging $50 fines for people without passports. It's $30 for the drivers license passport that is good for driving only into Mexico or Canada, no flying to enter the country. Cheaper than the fine. The site that Brokenwave listed has always been accurate when we look at it.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
U

Unfortunately, many times it is totally inaccurate.:fiddy:
It's not perfect but, from my experience, the wait times are in the ball park of whats displayed about 80% of the time.
I know if it show's 45 minutes it could be 45-75 minutes of wait.
As to those without the proper ID's, give them a separate line to age in.;)

Sspringer

Scott springer
We had the same problem. We waited an hour and moved 50 yards. We ended up driving back to Penasco for a beer on the patio at Sunset. The best drive ever back to the house.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Well it took me 7 minutes to drive to the local OXXO this morning due to Semana Santa traffic.