Lobster Tails

El Gato

The other day at CS restaurant supply we picked up some frozen lobster tails (I was afraid to look at the price - my total bill was $45 and that included a corn beef, DH's favorite, a couple of other things and the tails, so they couldn't have been that expensive). Anyway, fixed them tonight and they were wonderful! Our only problem was figuring out how to get the meat out gracefully - we flunked at that, big time. And one wasn't enough - we both wanted MORE. El Gato was right in there trying to demand his share but he got the short end of the deal.

Also tried their Salmon and for a non fish lover I had to admit it was very good.

And DH won't let me tell anyone about his favorite thing they have there as he doesn't want to risk it all being gone when we run out.

Carlos and Michelle do a great job.

El Gato

As my family will warn you, I'm not good at directions so if you get lost it isn't my fault! I believe it is on Josofa Ortiz Dominquez - south of the new Super Ley and would be on the right hand side headed south. It is a white, red and blue building - Carlos and Michelle own it and they are really great.

Anyone, if I have given the wrong directions, please correct me before I have them in Caborca or Lukeville!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
As my family will warn you, I'm not good at directions so if you get lost it isn't my fault! I believe it is on Josofa Ortiz Dominquez - south of the new Super Ley and would be on the right hand side headed south. It is a white, red and blue building - Carlos and Michelle own it and they are really great.

Anyone, if I have given the wrong directions, please correct me before I have them in Caborca or Lukeville!
Your directions are spot on! They just installed new signs and it is pretty easy to find. For those not sure where Josepha Dominguez is as you are coming into Rocky Point turn left at the first traffic light where the new Auto Zone is that street is Josepha. Go 1.3 miles down and CS supply is on the right hand side. Facebook page

marybna

I learn so much on this site. I now buy my shrimp at the wholesale place and now I have a place for lobster tails. Thank for all the great ideas.
MARY

tortuga

Great place. They have specials every week. They had root beer last week and they usually have bagels and/or english muffins.

El Gato

I usually can find brown sugar there, plus great butter (salted & unsalted), whip cream - Ready Whip type - cheese like Cheddar, etc.

So is this also the best place to buy shrimp or did someone else mention a place that's closer to the stadium right when you come into town? If the price difference isn't too much between the two places, no big deal for me. Don't want to be driving around town all day just to save 10 pesos or something. Thanks!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
So is this also the best place to buy shrimp or did someone else mention a place that's closer to the stadium right when you come into town? If the price difference isn't too much between the two places, no big deal for me. Don't want to be driving around town all day just to save 10 pesos or something. Thanks!
James they dont sell shrimp at CS there are coops that do though

GV Jack

Snorin God

GV Jack

Snorin God
GV I bought them last Saturday.They are the best 10 bucks I've spent in a long time
Oh man...now I gotta go get some. Where'd you get them????

How'd yo cook 'em??

If they are as good as you say, maybe my wife will say yes...aw forget it.

How about a good Reisling to go with 'em?

jerry

Note when the panga guys are poaching those big Blues this summer i get wobbly on my environmentalism but I try.
i like the Trader Joes store on Grant and Swan.Now that the Costco on I-10 and Kino is open you can hit both places. Shrimp tacos on 6th and 36th street would also be on my list of stops/They have a Linguine with clam sauce there that I like with them .I also grill them on skewers with the small peppers(red.yellow,orange packs and eat with a topo salad with the Tuscan Pane bread on the side.......love that store!.The shrimp are shelled and deveined and uncooked.
Oh man...now I gotta go get some. Where'd you get them????

How'd yo cook 'em??

If they are as good as you say, maybe my wife will say yes...aw forget it.

How about a good Reisling to go with 'em?

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
usually only in places that sell Chilean Sea Bass. Known as "Poor mans Lobster"
... there are places in Phoenix. No reason to be sold in Rocky Point. Fillets are about 11 $ a pound.