LONG LINER NEW DAMAGE TO FISHING

Dear Friends:

We must act now to prevent the full implementation of the by-catch provisions of Mexico's NOM029-PESCA-2006.

These provisions allow commercial fishing boats, using non-selective longline and drift gillnet gear, to catch and sell currently protected sport fish, like marlin and dorado. The repurcussions will be devastating to 6 protected sport species.

Please take a moment to send an e-mail to Senador Luis Coppola and other government authorities asking for a senate investigation. With one click you will be presented with a choice of letters. Pick one and click send. With enough input from the public, these regulations will be reviewed and ultimately repealed. We need at least 1,000 e-mails to make sure our voices are heard. You can make a difference, but the time is short - act now: Click Here.
Sincerely,
Mike McGettigan
Founder
Sea Watch

CHECK THIS SITE AND PLEASE RESPOND TO THE MEXICAN OFFICIALS

http://www.seawatch.org/mail_campaign/b ... letter.php

B

bahiatrader

The tourist dollar is an important part of the economy. Maybe if the wheel squeeks loud enough and long enough, they'll do something about it. The good old days are gone. The Sea of Cortez is dying, but maybe we can put it on life support for a little while longer.

B

bahiatrader

If you're asking whether I responded with an email, indeed I did. I also forwarded the email to several tourist friends.

I sure hope that out of the 110 people that have read tjis that at lease 1/2 of you have responded to it.
IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE IT YET PLEASE, PLEASE DO IT. IT ONLY TAKES A MINUTE TO BE HEARD.

THANKS