Looking for condo to rent 11/1 - 11/5

incognito2112

My wife and I make the trip down to RP several times a year and typically stay at the Sea or Los Palomas. Looking for a one or two bedroom unit to rent from 11/1 - 11/5.

Thanks!

Pinky

Incognito, we have several condos for rent at the Sky, Spa, Sea, Las Palmas and the Sun. We offer reasonable pricing with no hidden fees or charges. Please feel free to email us at [email protected] for a quotation on a condo.

Pinky

I clean/manage over 50 condos. We specialize in owner managed condos (a large number of the owners are members of this forum). The transaction would usually be direct with the owner but some owners have me handle the transactions. Feel free to email with any questions, I would be happy to provide contact information as well.

Jim

Well Known Member
I can't speak for any resorts other than the Sonoran's (Spa-Sea-Sun-Sky) but I highly recommend going through the official rental companies. There are a few owners who do rent directly and a couple other individuals or small companies that represent owners outside of the condo regime and HOA rules. Remember that people renting outside of the sanctioned companies will not have access to the resort services provided by them (front desk, check in/out, maid service, maintenance, wristbands, parking pass, etc.). You could also be subject to eviction, or the owner fined if HOA management found out that you were trying to circumvent the regulations. The outside people also generally do not collect and pay impact fees, which is a violation of the law and affects the resort and it's owners.

The official companies are:

Spa and Sea - Rocky Point Reservations - www.rprmexico.com
Sun and Sky - Seaside Reservations - www.seasidemexico.com

BTW, I am not affiliated with the rental companies. I work exclusively in the Sonoran Resorts Sales Department. I just wanted to set the record straight about how the rentals work at the Sonoran Resorts.

mis2810

Well Known Member
I can't speak for any resorts other than the Sonoran's (Spa-Sea-Sun-Sky) but I highly recommend going through the official rental companies. There are a few owners who do rent directly and a couple other individuals or small companies that represent owners outside of the condo regime and HOA rules. Remember that people renting outside of the sanctioned companies will not have access to the resort services provided by them (front desk, check in/out, maid service, maintenance, wristbands, parking pass, etc.). You could also be subject to eviction, or the owner fined if HOA management found out that you were trying to circumvent the regulations. The outside people also generally do not collect and pay impact fees, which is a violation of the law and affects the resort and it's owners.

The official companies are:

Spa and Sea - Rocky Point Reservations - www.rprmexico.com
Sun and Sky - Seaside Reservations - www.seasidemexico.com

BTW, I am not affiliated with the rental companies. I work exclusively in the Sonoran Resorts Sales Department. I just wanted to set the record straight about how the rentals work at the Sonoran Resorts.
Jim, I'm not saying you're wrong - in fact, you're absolutely right. At most, if not all the resorts there are rules regarding rentals outside the rental agency. But, I will tell you that there are in fact members of the Sonoran HOA boards who rent direct. If the board members do it, what kind of example does that set?

dwig222

Well Known Member
I've rented direct from a board member without paying the additional fees over and above what they advertise. I've also rented condos for the last 6-7 years directly from the owners and didn't have any problems or pay those fees. As a renter, I don't know the rules or the laws. The problem lies with the rental companies that do not disclose the additional fees in their advertising. I've seen some great prices at the web sites of the rental companies, but then when you contact them, the price goes way up. It makes the consumer feel like it is a "bait and switch" situation.