Make it stop!

La Huerita

Well Known Member
This is what we're faced with, guys and gals. Multiply it by the millions as it applies to Mexico as a whole. I run up against this kind of thing continuously on the City-Data forums and elsewhere, and I'm so tired of repeating over and over that people's fears about travel to Mexico (and Rocky Point specifically) are unfounded that I could just tear my hair out. Check out this very sad quote:

Hey anybody has gone to puerto penasco mexico in baja lately?
i was planning to go with a group of friends but i back up!
afraid of the crime! i have seen the news and the crime does not stop the assaults they take people somwhere and take everything!! passports, visa, ids. then they throw you somewhere in the dessert and will never be found...and if they do they have found people in mountains of bodies like fusilados...and what about the flu??to bad this is happening i heard is safe to go on a plane to cabo....is it safer... ??? who knows these days!
http://www.city-data.com/forum/mexico/120083-puerto-penasco-mexico-rocky-point-5.html#post9989286
That one just dumfounded me, I found myself stuttering-- yet the basics of it are ubiquitous. We've got a long hard fight ahead of us to overcome the hysteria the various media have so successfully promoted against Mexico. Our work is cut out for us gang.

I'm so depressed, I think I'll go eat worms. :-( (I'm gonna crosspost this on the San Carlos board first, though...)

X-Coastie

Well Known Member
I would suggest Canadian Nightcrawlers. You will get more bang for the buck. It will getworse before it gets better. It will be a few years before it gets better. You can take it to the bank if there are any left.

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
At the rate things are going, if I had any money:p;-), I could actually afford to buy something down there! I think prices are approaching what they were back in the early 1990's!

La Huerita

Well Known Member
Yeah, I agree with you guys. It'll get worse before it gets better, and some prices ARE approaching early '90s prices. Sigh. And about those Canadian nightcrawlers, X-Costie-- are they nice and juicy? Would they go well with a nice chianti? :D

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Yeah, I agree with you guys. It'll get worse before it gets better, and some prices ARE approaching early '90s prices. Sigh. And about those Canadian nightcrawlers, X-Costie-- are they nice and juicy? Would they go well with a nice chianti? :D
Maybe deep fried....???

La Huerita

Well Known Member
When I was a kid there came a time when my mom discovered her flour supply was full of weevils, but she used it anyway, trying to convince us that it was healthy because the weevils were good protein. We might have overlooked it if the flour had been used to make cookies or a cake or something, but weevils floating around in gravy just didn't cut it. She got real mad when she had to throw it out, lol.

Of course weevils can't hold a candle to big fat nightcrawlers.

Wood Spinner

Well Known Member
La Huerita
Read the thing I did in Rosies paper a few weeks back, editorial section,. About the safety for Mexicans wanting to travel in th USA.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
No stress my friends, we will continue the positives to balance the negatives and in the end it is all perception. I live here and love it. I live in town not on the beach so my experience is different than a lot of folks. I fit in here less so in the states. I am a positive guy with lots of ideas and lots of network associates. It will take some time but we will be back in the saddle again do not give up!

No stress my friends, we will continue the positives to balance the negatives and in the end it is all perception. I live here and love it. I live in town not on the beach so my experience is different than a lot of folks. I fit in here less so in the states. I am a positive guy with lots of ideas and lots of network associates. It will take some time but we will be back in the saddle again do not give up!

Well said neighbor... :sunny:

Last edited:
L

Leenie

my view.... if they are afraid and dont want to travel to mexico fine with me. I pay less and have more fun with fewer scaredy-cats around. I was always complaining that I liked Rocky Point better 10 years ago since it was much cheaper and fewer people visited. Well now its back to the way it was. I'm enjoying it. I feel bad for the economy though.

it is a double edge sword... yes things have gone down in price... but with fewer tourist coming down to Rocky Point it is hurting our economy...

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Seriously, look at the writing...I for one wouldn't mind being thrown in the "dessert," maybe a chocolate mousse? This one didn't pass 1st grade English class....

beachgirl

Well Known Member
I prefer banana cream pie! It's funny that you commented on the "writing" because I just wrote a post on Craigslist about the same thing-establishments wanting to hire people but they make a mockery of proper grammer in their ad's (not to mention the fact that they are only willing to pay minimum wage-I am referring to the positions for food/restaurant help only). Simply amazing! Anyway, if people are so afraid, let them stay home. They're probably the type that litter the beaches (which just aggravates the hell out of me), or get drunk and act stupid. We can do without them.............

La Huerita

Well Known Member
Whistling past the graveyard, beachgirl? :-D But if we're talking' pie, well I could seriously get into that!

Of course it's always possible that English is not the poster's first language?

Kenny

Well Known Member
Whistling past the graveyard, beachgirl? :-D But if we're talking' pie, well I could seriously get into that!

Of course it's always possible that English is not the poster's first language?
That's exactly what I thought as well. My guess is that Spanish is that persons first language.