Malecon Construction

kazpilot25

Anybody have any updates on the construction down by Malecon? I've heard the roads are pretty bad but that was a couple weeks ago. Anybody have an update for New Years?

Roberto

Well Known Member
Not much improvement, if any in the road surface. The trenches are not quite as deep. They continue to work on the shop fronts.

Wood Spinner

Well Known Member
Holes are all closed but the pavement, what there is still left, is a mess. Parking is going to be a problem as the have planted a bunch of palms in many of the parking spots.I would guess another 3 or 4 months and most work will be done. They are going gung ho on the new market area. Lots of workers and it looks as they could be open by late fall of 2011. It is realy going to be huge and nice but again I believe parking may be a problem.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Puerto Mio const.jpg Malecon remodel (2).jpg Puerto Mio const (4).jpg Malecon remodel (3).jpg Puerto Mio const (5).jpgMalecon remodel (7).jpg Malecon remodel (4).jpg Malecon remodel.jpg Malecon remodel (8).jpg Malecon remodel (5).jpgMalecon remodel (1).jpg Heres a few shots from the Malecon construction as well as the new Puerto Mio shopping complex at the marina. These were shot Thursday Dec 30 2010

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
The Federal Government is the Malecon, the Puerto Mio project is private money from Guadalajara and or Monterrey and the Solace tower is private money. There is a lot of money in Mexico to be invested and it appears that the money shot is on Penasco to be the fastest return on cash. I hope so.

AZ ROB

Well Known Member
They did a similiar project in TJ. a few years back and really changed that town although it is still a ceaspool atleast the first 10 blocks for the tourist appear safe and clean. Just watch out for the 11th block...