Maps of RP

Ok so I have been doing some searching and have come up with nothing very good as far as maps of RP go. I would like to create some maps of the town that are high resolution and would be good to print out and take with you. Being a graphic/web designer I can do this very easily and make them look good. I was even thinking of doing a couple where we map out the most popular/positively rated restaurants, nightclubs, hotels, etc. Maybe do a map for each category? If anyone can provide me with some current maps that I can use to get an idea and to get a grasp of the town layout and roads that would be great. Also, I'm going to need to know the location of each and every "good" restaurant, nightclub, etc.

If anyone thinks this is a good idea and would be able to benefit from this let me know and I'll do it and post them up here for download.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I had wanted to do this awhile ago - in a virtual sense. Locations on the map would be hotspots that would pop-up when clicked with more info on the place -- type of food, hours, prices, actual street address, photos, comments; etc. I've just never had the time to sit down and do it. I think it's a great idea for a basic map that could be printed and taken along, but the virtual map would provide newbies with lots of info.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
kasdanh, If you go to my website rockypointrides.com in the left hand side of the home page you will find all the different pages in it, go the the "MAPS" page, once on it click in the second entry "google maps", click on the map tab and it will show all the name of the streets and then you can manipulated all you need and want, also Cosmos Framacia, the green building at the railroad track, sells a map of RP for about $6 however it only shows some of the businesses, but not the ones we have been talking about!! :eek3:

Last edited:

Roberto

Ok If anyone can provide me with some current maps that I can use to get an idea and to get a grasp of the town layout and roads that would be great.
The RP Times has a good, fairly complete and accurate map of Penasco, streets and street names in the paper, not on the web. I have a map on paper that I bought years ago thats pretty complete and accurate. I also have somewhere in my computer at home some maps of penasco that sound a lot like you are suggesting. Digital, clickable, printable. I'll search for them and send along a link. Google maps are also pretty good with some inaccuracies of street names, but lots of detail.