Mariscos El Conchal: The best marlin and shrimp tacos in Rocky Point

I've been coming to Rocky Point for 12 years; constantly in search of the best tacos. Chino was great, but his hours were erratic. Tacos Chuy on Josefa is a good for steak tacos in the evening. Combo taco on Fremont is quick and OK for the kids, but I don't love battered fish/shrimp/chicken, and they don't change their oil often enough in their deep fat fryers. The Blue Marlin has great tacos, and I love the owner's greeting - "Welcome Home".

However, my favorite tacos of all time are at the newly renovated Mariscos El Conchal, which is next to Pollo Lucas on Benito Juarez. The Governor tacos (marlin and shrimp) are always delicious. I can't decide which I like best, so I always buy two of each!

Their prices are cheaper than Combo Taco, and the flavor is much better. Also, they bottle their own sauce - it's like a great Mole sauce, but less sweet and more of a kick.

The owner is "Cooper", and last Spring he installed 3 large air conditioners, which was refreshing in August and September when I couldn't eat at an outdoor restaurant. The A/C's are not needed now, but it's nice to know they will be there to make dining enjoyable next summer.

Give it a try - you won't be sorry.

I had been stopping at Pollo Lucas for about 4-5 years before I had even tried Mariscos El Conchal. I had overheard someone talking about this place that had killer shrimp tacos. They also make a great michelada.

rplarry

I've been coming to Rocky Point for 12 years; constantly in search of the best tacos. Chino was great, but his hours were erratic. Tacos Chuy on Josefa is a good for steak tacos in the evening. Combo taco on Fremont is quick and OK for the kids, but I don't love battered fish/shrimp/chicken, and they don't change their oil often enough in their deep fat fryers. The Blue Marlin has great tacos, and I love the owner's greeting - "Welcome Home".

However, my favorite tacos of all time are at the newly renovated Mariscos El Conchal, which is next to Pollo Lucas on Benito Juarez. The Governor tacos (marlin and shrimp) are always delicious. I can't decide which I like best, so I always buy two of each!

Their prices are cheaper than Combo Taco, and the flavor is much better. Also, they bottle their own sauce - it's like a great Mole sauce, but less sweet and more of a kick.

The owner is "Cooper", and last Spring he installed 3 large air conditioners, which was refreshing in August and September when I couldn't eat at an outdoor restaurant. The A/C's are not needed now, but it's nice to know they will be there to make dining enjoyable next summer.

Give it a try - you won't be sorry.
Absolutely, The Governor shrimp Tacos and the scallop tostados are by far the tastiest & most interesting tacos in town. Of course, there are a lot of great carne asada places around, but this is not "that" place.

We often get them to go as well. They do a great job of packing up the tacos and tostados so they don't get soggy, and put the different sauces in separate containers as well.

Muy Bueno!!

Very nice people too.