Mary's renovation

P

Pacifico

Does anyone knw the status of the renovation of Mary's at the old port? We were in RP 2 weeks ago and were saddened to see that Mary's was closed during the remodel (this is our first stop when we hit town). We're going back over the 4th, and hope to enjoy some garlic shrimp & a shrimp cocktail...any one know when they are re-opening?

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Pacifico said:
Does anyone knw the status of the renovation of Mary's at the old port? We were in RP 2 weeks ago and were saddened to see that Mary's was closed during the remodel (this is our first stop when we hit town). We're going back over the 4th, and hope to enjoy some garlic shrimp & a shrimp cocktail...any one know when they are re-opening?
I'm not familiar with the names, but is it that place right in the beginning of the "town" on the side of the ocean?

I'm trying to get a better picture of all the things down there. heh

P

Pacifico

It's the 2nd or 3rd place on the right once you get to the old port. Flavio's is first resturant, on the "ocean side" of the street, then Mary's is (I think) the next business on the right. It used to be a small little taco shop, only a few tables and a small counter/bar looking out to the ocean. Earlier this year they added a patio, which was nice. Now they're adding a second level. Our favorite place to have some great fish, shrimp & a few beers

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Pacifico said:
It's the 2nd or 3rd place on the right once you get to the old port. Flavio's is first resturant, on the "ocean side" of the street, then Mary's is (I think) the next business on the right. It used to be a small little taco shop, only a few tables and a small counter/bar looking out to the ocean. Earlier this year they added a patio, which was nice. Now they're adding a second level. Our favorite place to have some great fish, shrimp & a few beers
Ah, didnt even know that was a food place!

I always go to Flavios.... mmm, so good.

It was the last place on the fish market side as you came into the malecon before the fish markets....right before the small statue.....

They had an excellent "combo for 2" that would feed 4!!!! Fried and broiled shrimp and fish....always had leftovers to take home.