Me and my big mouth!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Sometimes it's a beautiful thing! I was talking to one of my vendors today and the subject of La Montana school came up. I was explaining what we do and what my plans were for after retirement and she said, "before I came here, I was an early interventionist. (a teacher of kids, age birth to 3) I have all these educational toys in my garage that I don't need anymore. Would you like them for your school in Rocky Point?" I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!! They filled up the back of the Jeep! And I have the back seat out!!!!!!!! I went after them right away, before anything could happen!!!!!! I am sooooo glad that I am a chatty Chari! This made my day!!!!!!!! Mark, I probably won't be down until Labor Day but I will bring them then. I have a nice big shed to put them in until we can deliver. I am so grateful for my big mouth!!!!!!:mrgreen:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yea, that's what I thought, Sheryl........Sometimes it just falls together for me. It's not me, there is somebody bigger than me running this show......

I can get an adult shower chair on wheels and a kids stroller for special needs kiddos but I can not get them down to RP No rush but can anyone help me get them down. The shower cair can not be folded

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I'll be bringing my utility trailer with all my patio furniture, probably on Labor Day. I can come by and get it. We'll plan as it gets closer.

Sometimes it's a beautiful thing! I was talking to one of my vendors today and the subject of La Montana school came up. I was explaining what we do and what my plans were for after retirement and she said, "before I came here, I was an early interventionist. (a teacher of kids, age birth to 3) I have all these educational toys in my garage that I don't need anymore. Would you like them for your school in Rocky Point?" I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!! They filled up the back of the Jeep! And I have the back seat out!!!!!!!! I went after them right away, before anything could happen!!!!!! I am sooooo glad that I am a chatty Chari! This made my day!!!!!!!! Mark, I probably won't be down until Labor Day but I will bring them then. I have a nice big shed to put them in until we can deliver. I am so grateful for my big mouth!!!!!!:mrgreen:
Hi there, I am always looking for ways to help people make a living. For any of you that are going down, I met a couple that sells by the coffee shop on the Malecon by Mary's, maybe I shouldn't mention names, but they are easy to find. The father of the husband in the couple makes chip bag purses. If anyone wants to save all their potato chip bags and give them to the husband for his father, he makes beautiful purses made of chip bags. Really all milar based bags can be used to make the bags. Now the chip bags should be recycled, that is the appeal of the purse. So the father of the vendor has to wait until someone eats enough chips to get enough bags. Since chips aren't a food that people need, if their budget is low, it takes a while to save enough chip bags, eating them yourself (we never eat them) or getting chip bags from your neighbor. So it is so easy to save them, if you eat them, or others near you do. Just stuff the ones you save in the first big chip bag and take them to the vendor to make purses to sell. Now if all this is a little incomprehensible, just write me and I will give you the exact name of the vendors by the coffee shop. I think they will be happy to get the chip bags for their father to earn some money. I know this may sound inane, but this is what I do all the time, just try to find out what small thing might help someone earn better.

mis2810

I bought one of those bags in Algodones a couple of years ago. I get a TON of compliments on it everytime I use it. So cute. I'm not a chip eater but my husband is - he's not so good about throwing out the garbage, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for some empty bags. LOL

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Hey Janet,
Any help, small or big, is all good. I haven't seen that particular vendor as I rarely go out to shop for anything other than food or bevereges (sp) but I will go look for him next trip. At the Arizona State Prison store, they sell purses made out of license plates that the inmates make. They are really cool! I've seen purses made out of duct tape, too! Now, how to explain to the customs guy why I have a hundred empty potato chip bags in the back......LOL!

Last edited:
Hey Janet,
Any help, small or big, is all good. I haven't seen that particular vendor as I rarely go out to shop for anything other than food or bevereges (sp) but I will go look for him next trip. At the Arizona State Prison store, they sell purses made out of license plates that the inmates make. They are really cool! I've seen purses made out of duct tape, too! Now, how to explain to the customs guy why I have a hundred empty potato chip bags in the back......LOL!
You get the biggest chuckles out of me. My husband asks me what in the world am I doing on the computer to laugh so hard. Your heart is so in the right place, girl. Thank you. I will PM you as to who they are.

I bought one of those bags in Algodones a couple of years ago. I get a TON of compliments on it everytime I use it. So cute. I'm not a chip eater but my husband is - he's not so good about throwing out the garbage, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for some empty bags. LOL
Yes, these purses can be magnificent. The vendor's father had made 4 new purses the last day I was there in RP or PP, and I bought three of them. I like to encourage this type of artisanry of using recyclables. I will pm you with the details of who they are. I will also write to the ladies in Candy Cane and tell them to tell the vendors what we are doing. I just can't wait to get back there. I hope we will spend all of October there and if I am lucky may even get back in Sept, about the middle. I really love the vendors of artisanry. They seem to be mostly from Oaxaca and have to make a living. I work with women artisans on the Mexican border, both sides, so that is my biggest interest promoting them.

mis2810

Yes, these purses can be magnificent. The vendor's father had made 4 new purses the last day I was there in RP or PP, and I bought three of them. I like to encourage this type of artisanry of using recyclables. I will pm you with the details of who they are. I will also write to the ladies in Candy Cane and tell them to tell the vendors what we are doing. I just can't wait to get back there. I hope we will spend all of October there and if I am lucky may even get back in Sept, about the middle. I really love the vendors of artisanry. They seem to be mostly from Oaxaca and have to make a living. I work with women artisans on the Mexican border, both sides, so that is my biggest interest promoting them.
I think I paid $20 for my bag. I didn't even bother to try to get "a deal" - as long as the price is fair I don't haggle at all. Especially now with the economy being so bad. But, I have seen them for up to $200!

Do you have a website where you sell the stuff for the women you work with? I LOVE the textiles!