Metal Detecting on the beach

IggyAZ

Has anyone that visited RP ever metal detect on the beach?
Any hidden treasures or beer bottle tops?

Roberto

After Semana Santa people find stuff down at the public beach near Playa Bonita. The beach is crowded at that time of the year and stuff gets mushed into the sand and lost. Jewelry, peso coins, etc. I've got a metal detector for sale if interested. Send me a PM.

I've found jewelry and many coins long ago in front of Playa del Oro... but my detector is very old and not the best.... Roberto do you still have that one for sale or did you sell it..?

Roberto

I've found jewelry and many coins long ago in front of Playa del Oro... but my detector is very old and not the best.... Roberto do you still have that one for sale or did you sell it..?

Yep, here's the skinny on it.
Used only one time out a Gillispies's gold mine. Perfect condition. Gotta skinny down to live on the road. List $229.00 looking for $120. Complete kit, earphones and all. Original instructions and calibration kit included. Item is in PP. Can probably get it to Tucson easily.
Send me a PM if interested.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hobbi...3Bcat106740180

Yep, here's the skinny on it.
Used only one time out a Gillispies's gold mine. Perfect condition. Gotta skinny down to live on the road. List $229.00 looking for $120. Complete kit, earphones and all. Original instructions and calibration kit included. Item is in PP. Can probably get it to Tucson easily.
Send me a PM if interested.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hobbi...3Bcat106740180
Roberto... I may be interested in taking it off of your hands... I will contact you soon, right now I'm still recovering from giving birth to 3 BIG bouncing Kidney stones...

IggyAZ

Thanks all for your information about metal detecting.
I have a fairly good detector that like salt water and sandy beaches.
Heading down next Monday and I will be the guy walking the beach in the mronings with my metal detector near Playo de Oro.

Iggy

Attachments

Thanks all for your information about metal detecting.
I have a fairly good detector that like salt water and sandy beaches.
Heading down next Monday and I will be the guy walking the beach in the mronings with my metal detector near Playo de Oro.

Iggy
I may join you if Roberto answers my PM telling him to take his detector to work so I can come by and buy it... Like I said in an earlier post, before we moved here I had quite a bit of luck (I just say luck but it was actually my coin hunting skills) on the beach in front of PDO and Pitaya Bar... even if not productive detecting is always great exercise...

InkaRoads

cronopiador
the best is during the warm days, just keep an eye on the banana boats and where they dump the people, found real Gucci glass and $80 bucks!!

IggyAZ

I may join you if Roberto answers my PM telling him to take his detector to work so I can come by and buy it... Like I said in an earlier post, before we moved here I had quite a bit of luck (I just say luck but it was actually my coin hunting skills) on the beach in front of PDO and Pitaya Bar... even if not productive detecting is always great exercise...
Yes it is great exercise. If anyone wants to join in for a morning stroll down the beach with metal detectors let me know or just show up.
I figure 7 -8 AM is when I'll be out there.

Hello Everyone,
Im happy to say that rocky point does have treasures . Last year I found a wedding band on Sandy beach. It was worth 5,000 . So if your a serious hunter like me ! Don't give up.Take a few beers pack up and go down the beach. One thing I highly recommend is a pin-pointer.Don't leave home without it. Happy hunting.

jerry

Hey you found my ring!
Hello Everyone,
Im happy to say that rocky point does have treasures . Last year I found a wedding band on Sandy beach. It was worth 5,000 . So if your a serious hunter like me ! Don't give up.Take a few beers pack up and go down the beach. One thing I highly recommend is a pin-pointer.Don't leave home without it. Happy hunting.