Mexican Prescription Drugs

Panamahat

Well Known Member
I have read a lot of reports that up to 25% of Mexican prescription drugs are fake, and potentially harmful (according the the FDA)
Does anyone on the forum have experience dealing with Pharmacies in Rocky Point for prescription Meds?

I would love to hear any feedback, comments, or pharmacy recommendations.
Thanks

El Gato

Well Known Member
All I know is that what we need (just normal stuff) is way higher down here then by mail such as Costco or Bashas. For each prescription in the States I would pay ~$7-$10 for a three month supply. Here it costs at least that much for a one month supply. I understand that it used to be fairly inexpensive to buy them in Mexico - had friends who would make the drive just to purchase them - don't think that is the case any more.

Landshark

Well Known Member
I have read a lot of reports that up to 25% of Mexican prescription drugs are fake, and potentially harmful (according the the FDA)
I buy Crestor in RP for way less than my copay in AZ. It is in the same Crestor box as I get here except everything is in Spanish. I am confident that the med is the same. Not saying there aren't fake meds out there, but if you use a little common sense, you should be fine. I also trust the pharmacist at Farmacia Guadalapana on Benito Juarez. He has always been very professional and helpful. I trust him a lot more than the FDA!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Does anyone on the forum have experience dealing with Pharmacies in Rocky Point for prescription Meds?

I would love to hear any feedback, comments, or pharmacy recommendations.
Thanks

I wrote a paper a couple of years ago and the figure I commonly found was 25% as well. I would think this number relates to Mexican Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and not American made pharmaceuticals. Some pharmacies in Rocky Point carry American made and then what would be a generic or Mexican made. In my experience the Mexican made pharmaceuticals have been just as effective as the American made and are cheaper. American made products are obviously going to be much more expensive in Mexico. Try sticking to one pharmacy for your needs and building an acquaintanceship with the owner and you will get much more honest answers. Also, always ask to see both the American and Mexican products and prices for both.

Wood Spinner

Well Known Member
Prior to medicare I bought a lot of my meds from canadadrug.com and found them to be the cheapest. They do require a copy of your Rx by fax or E-Mail. As there suppliers are all over the world they do tend to be a little slow in delivery for some things. One of my drugs is Venlafexamine and it took 1 month from India.

The Man

I do find drugs are way more expensive at
Rocky Point than at AlCadonies (spelling?)
just outside of Yuma!
And you can barder there with the pharmacy!
Why, don't know! But there is a big price difference!

Just a FYI

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
Prior to medicare I bought a lot of my meds from canadadrug.com and found them to be the cheapest. They do require a copy of your Rx by fax or E-Mail. As there suppliers are all over the world they do tend to be a little slow in delivery for some things. One of my drugs is Venlafexamine and it took 1 month from India.
It can take a while to get my orders from the various suppliers that the Canadian pharmacy uses but I also can order in 3-6 months quantities which is super convenient for me.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I do find drugs are way more expensive at
Rocky Point than at AlCadonies (spelling?)
just outside of Yuma!
And you can barder there with the pharmacy!
Why, don't know! But there is a big price difference!

Just a FYI
San Luis Rio Colorado

marybna

Well Known Member
I have a friend that has copd. If I have the presciption with me, can I buy the drugs and bring them back to the US?

TICO-T

Well Known Member
I buy Crestor in RP for way less than my copay in AZ. It is in the same Crestor box as I get here except everything is in Spanish. I am confident that the med is the same. Not saying there aren't fake meds out there, but if you use a little common sense, you should be fine. I also trust the pharmacist at Farmacia Guadalapana on Benito Juarez. He has always been very professional and helpful. I trust him a lot more than the FDA!

TICO-T

Well Known Member
I also buy Crestor at Guadalapana. I get a 4 month supply for 60% less than a 3 month supply in Arizona. Also after 3 months on my "Mexican Crestor" I had by blood work done for cholesterol levels and I am fine. This is the real deal!!! Thanks Landshark!