Mexican Retin A Legal?

Is it legal to bring Retin A across the border without a prescription, can you declare it? If it is illegal what will happen if it is found? Would they just confiscate it or would you be in real trouble?

Roberto

I think you can buy that in the local Pharmacies without a script .Odds are they would not know what it was anyway. It's a sun tan lotion isn't it )wink, wink).

Kenny

It's sure not something I'd like to use if I was going to the beach, or in the sun.

What should I avoid while using Retin-A?

Avoid exposure to sunlight or artificial UV rays (sunlamps or tanning beds). Retin-A can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight and sunburn may result. Use a sunscreen (minimum SPF 15) and wear protective clothing if you must be out in the sun. Avoid getting Retin-A in your eyes, mouth, and nose, or on your lips. If it does get into any of these areas, wash with water. Do not use Retin-A on skin that is sunburned, windburned, dry, chapped, or irritated. Also avoid using this medicine in wounds or on areas of eczema. Wait until these conditions have healed before using Retin-A.

I was hoping someone knew the answer to this question but since that is not the case I'm going to try declaring it when I go through customs tomorrow. Worst case they confiscate it so we'll see.

playaperro

El Pirata
Yes you can bring that across no problem, its not a controlled substance, I used to bring for my family all the time....sure is a price difference on that product.

I think it would be better to be asked about it then to declare it. We have crossed with it many times over the years with no problems even when it was observed on one of the rare times when we have gotten the red light.

playaperro

El Pirata
Tibu, I know your info on here is right on, but the way I thought the question was asked was bringing it back to AZ.. I donno u may be right!