Mexico Beach Bum

Jeannie

For those of you who have not discovered the new restaurant and bar, the Mexico Beach Bum, a real treat awaits you. It is located on the Malecon just across the street from Mar Blue. There is a small bar downstairs where you can find Roxanne working almost every day. Upstairs there is a beautiful restaurant and bar with the best views in Rocky Point. Sunsets are amazing! There is a vast variety of food, American and Mexican. There are many items on the menu I have never seen any place else in RP. They have many specialty drinks too! It is a great place to relax and listen to '60's, '70's, & '80's music. They also have big screens for football fans. There will be lots of specials and activities there during Bike Week. Be sure to stop by and check it out. Their huge balcony will allow you to watch all the happenings below.

Roberto

Well you had a rocky start here as several forum folks comented that they ate there and chips were served, but not ordered, then a charge was on the bill and folks were told "That's the way we do it here". Whats up with that??

That's a beautiful upstairs for sure. Hope all goes well. Can you post a menue?

Jeannie

I am just a customer so can't post a menu but I will mention it to the owner. I think they have a web site and I know they are on FB. Wow, I never had that problem with the chips. I do know they make their chips fresh everyday and they do charge for them.

Roberto

Sorry, I got the impression from your post that you were involved with the place. Two different folk posted and reported that the chips arrived unrequested but they were charged for them, that's all I know. They can charge if they choose but not if they are not ordered by the customer. Maybe the wait staff just asks 'Do you want chips?" and customers are simply responding OK assuming they are free as in many restaurants in the US.

Sorry, I got the impression from your post that you were involved with the place. Two different folk posted and reported that the chips arrived unrequested but they were charged for them, that's all I know. They can charge if they choose but not if they are not ordered by the customer. Maybe the wait staff just asks 'Do you want chips?" and customers are simply responding OK assuming they are free as in many restaurants in the US.
I don't want to pile on, but this was not the case. They chips were placed on the table without a single word being spoken. As we have not been back, we don't know if they have corrected this.

Roberto

Well, I was just guessing. Hey GV. You reported an episode there about the chips. Did they ask you if you wanted chips, or just plot them on the table ?

Roberto

I think they shoud offer chips for free to forum members who mention this post !!!:mexico::lol::mexico::lol:

GV Jack

Snorin God
Well, I was just guessing. Hey GV. You reported an episode there about the chips. Did they ask you if you wanted chips, or just plot them on the table ?
Plop Plop Fizz Fizz On the table. No questions..nada. We haven't been back since. Too many other good places to go with free chips and salsa.

Great location, great views, really nice inside, but a bad first impression.

Roberto

Well. Luca will be delighted to see your handsome face at Pane Y Vino for sure. Even though you wore that silly costume last visit and rode the horse in the parking lot. He said it was all in good fun !!

GV Jack

Snorin God
Well. Luca will be delighted to see your handsome face at Pane Y Vino for sure. Even though you wore that silly costume last visit and rode the horse in the parking lot. He said it was all in good fun !!
No filets for me since that horse went missing.....:deadhorse:

Jeannie

Sorry GV & Roberto, you had a bad experience with the chips. I think you should give them a 2nd chance. Their food is really good and it is a fun place. Myself, I think it is refreshing to have a new place to hang out at on the Malecon.

we went to mexico beach bum twice--the day before and the day of their grand opening celebration. both times the service was excellent, the food was great (ordered a wide variety), the beer was cold and cheap--we really enjoyed it, and also appreciate a new place on the malecon!

flicks

Facebook © 2012
English (US) · Privacy · Terms · Cookies · MoreKathy Flick
Mexico Beach Bum

Friday at 3:08pm ·

• Do you charge for chips & salsa. It was mentioned on a forum.

Like ·

• we currently charge a nominal price for chips and salsa. Our chips and numerous salsas are made fresh in house and don't come out of a bag. Also we do not reuse leftover chips and salsas from previous guests as is a common practice in Mexico. I would be interested in any feedback about our current policy and will review based on replies. We feel receiving fresh food not touched by previous guests has value.
      4 hours ago · Like

• I belong to to RockyPointTalk.com It has been mentioned on there. Someone stated that they were given the chips & salsa & never given told of the charge till later. I'm a second generation Arizona native. I have never been charged for those things in AZ resturants. I've been going down to RP since the late 60's also. I will give them a heads up on the forum that it is common practice to reuse chips. Thanks for reply. Will be down for the rally & will check you guys out.
      a few seconds ago · Like

This is interesting

Last edited:
Facebook © 2012
English (US) · Privacy · Terms · Cookies · MoreKathy Flick
Mexico Beach Bum

• D

• I belong to to RockyPointTalk.com It has been mentioned on there. Someone stated that they were given the chips & salsa & never given told of the charge till later. I'm a second generation Arizona native. I have never been charged for those things in AZ resturants. I've been going down to RP since the late 60's also. I will give them a heads up on the forum that it is common practice to reuse chips. Thanks for reply. Will be down for the rally & will check you guys out.
      a few seconds ago · Like

Wow, I had no idea that salsa chips were reused! Where did you get this info from? Any restaurant workers on here to substantiate this claim?

mis2810

Not sure I'm believing any of this. I think it's just their way of justifying the charge. Don't you think the Chip Conspiracy would have come out sooner? Has anyone gotten sick from chips in RP? If it does happen, I'm sure it happens in the US also. Mexico Beach Bum should at least let their customers know ahead of time. Establishments that want repeat customers wouldn't do this in the first place.

Terry C

That would like having a left over taco on your plate and be re-heated to be served to the next person. I don't think so. Eat where you like and you don't have to worry. La Curva was great a few nights ago. Music was awesome too.

Not sure I'm believing any of this. I think it's just their way of justifying the charge. Don't you think the Chip Conspiracy would have come out sooner? Has anyone gotten sick from chips in RP? If it does happen, I'm sure it happens in the US also. Mexico Beach Bum should at least let their customers know ahead of time. Establishments that want repeat customers wouldn't do this in the first place.
Agreed...... having a hard time believing it also. I think the owner of the Mexico Beach Bum should explain where their 'common practice to reuse chips' claim comes from! I also think its pretty sh**ty that they're trying to throw the other restaurants under the bus. Keep it up MBB, you'll be out of business in no time.

playaperro

El Pirata
And if I eat all the chips and freshly made salsa and order a second they will double charge me and not reuse the chips i left in the basket. So i take a couple of chips while the waitperson is there and after i eat them say, they are on the house right. Lol, Hope they have a fish fry this coming friday, really enjoy those cause i only eat usda grade meat.

Complain, Complain, Complain.

I was at MBB today and got a good explanation of the deal. If a patron goes in and orders a meal, the chips and dip are free. If they go in, sit under a fan and order water with two straws, there is going to be a charge. I started laughing when I heard this, but than saw the serious look on Jose's face.

On a lighter side... MBB wants to set new standards for the consumption of Corona and soon will be offering $10 Peso Coronas with any meal. So eat something and your chips are free and drink all the Corona's you want for $10 pesos each. That my friends is a smoking deal.