Mexico Home Insurance

mondone

Whitecaps
For those of you owning beach front homes who expect to renew your homeowners policy in the near future, you may be in for a big surprise like I was yesterday when I visited my agent's office. The insurance company I have my current policy with, ACE, is no longer insuring any homes on the oceanfront. They claim too many losses in the past year due to the massive amount of hurricane and flood damage incurred that are too much risk to issue any further policies. And our second option, to go with GNP, didn't work out in that they are only willing to insure these homes if they have a concrete roof. In my case, having wood frame/foam roofing, my agent could not find a policy available to sell me. They sent me to another agent in town who was able to issue a policy with AXA Seguros, at a premium 35% higher than what I paid last year with some levels of coverage lower than what I had previously.

So those of you with policies expiring in the next couple of months may want to start looking into your options sooner than later.

Recommendations for agents. Not ProAlliance or Portugal please. Had written my policy last year with Karen Padilla but unable to contact her so I am assuming that she is no longer in town.

ernesto

Last time I got a quote from Proalliance they excluded earthquake tsunami and hurricane, had to ask though they didn't offer the info.

Last time I got a quote from Proalliance they excluded earthquake tsunami and hurricane, had to ask though they didn't offer the info.
For the first 2 years with Pro Alliance I had to request earthquake coverage. The last 2 years it was included on the new policy without asking.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Recommendations for agents. Not ProAlliance or Portugal please. Had written my policy last year with Karen Padilla but unable to contact her so I am assuming that she is no longer in town.
I just talked to Karen Saturday even though she was in Phoenix for the weekend she still emailed me a copy of my policy from her phone. She is very easy to get a hold of by phone or email. She did say that she was without a phone for a couple of days because her other phone was stolen and she had to replace it that might be the reason you could not reach her by phone, but email always works.

garyd

I just talked to Karen Saturday even though she was in Phoenix for the weekend she still emailed me a copy of my policy from her phone. She is very easy to get a hold of by phone or email. She did say that she was without a phone for a couple of days because her other phone was stolen and she had to replace it that might be the reason you could not reach her by phone, but email always works.
Who's Karen?

Pro Alliance has always returned my inquiries. I had a break in a couple of years ago and the claim was paid.
It took about 2 months of negotiating with the insurance company over some of the stolen items value.
Paty and Rosie at Pro Alliance were very helpful in dealing with the process.

We had the same experience with Portugal- they paid up.
Glad to hear that Portugal Insurance has paid in spite of all the bad rumors I have heard.
I was with Portugal for 15 years before I switched to PA because of a couple of neighbors who said they were cheated on their claims.
Next year I will shop around.