Mickey's Place...

Just heard about it. Is it a newer Italian restaurant? Anyone been there?
Where is it located. Will be in PDO tomorrow and may celebrate my birthday with
some friends at the restaurant. If the reviews a good!

I know about the old Mickey's (RIP) but not this one.

Sunshine:sunny:

tortuga

Been there several times. Very good. Filet Mignon three different ways and a wonderful chicken breast stuffed with asparagus and covered with a cream sauce. This restaurant is owned by Chef Mickey (a well known Penasco chef) and a partner. Upscale for Penasco. On Fremont about 3 blocks past Hacienda de Fuentes and across the street in Plaza del Sol. Great food and sauces which Mickey is known for. $5 all you can eat pasta bar on Thursday.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Ooohhhhh that sounds yummy! Does he serve Filete mignon con salsa champignone? Like the old Costa Brava? I'll give him a try!

ernesto

Ate there last nite. Amazing! And in expensive. He has a limited wine selection and no beer yet but Mickey told me you can bring your own. Had the pecan crusted salmon and the stuffed chicken, both really good. Never thought I'd order salmon in Penasco, but he really nails it.Going back tonite to try something else on the menu, maybe some of the Mexican fare.

Roberto

I've had three good experiences at Micky's and one marginal one. The pasta buffet is good and I had a scallopini special that was super and very tasty enchiladas. The marginal meal was the Chiles Rellano, which were just OK, but I would not order them again. The armosphere is not fancy but clean and comfortable. Micky's wife is mesera and she's a real sweetie too. Nice to have a good place to eat.

MIRAMAR

Last weekend, Chef Mickey had a cooking class for people in our HOA. About 18 people came, and he had a great demonstration on how to cook Chilies Rellenos and we also were able to eat the results. Mickey said he was going to try to do a class every Saturday at 9:00 a.m, but you should contact him for details. I highly recommend it!

I just received my Las Conchas newsletter and it indicated that Mickey's Place has closed. Too bad, because the prices were great and the food was excellent. Plus the restaurant was in a nice clean location.

Roberto

I just received my Las Conchas newsletter and it indicated that Mickey's Place has closed. Too bad, because the prices were great and the food was excellent. Plus the restaurant was in a nice clean location.
Street talk is that Micky will be at one of the restaurants out on Condo Row, one of the Sonoran maybe. Maybe a new one opening. Not sure.

mugs

I believe he is now or soon to be at Las Palmas. Haven't seen menu or hours yet, will post as soon as I have more details.