Military action in RP had to be done.

Eric

Mexican Govt wont allow cartel to prosper in RP & the required action was taken.

I live in RP full time very close to where it all went down & many of us witnessed it. Yes it was a hard core military show of force but unfortunately it had to be done. The Mexican special forces were very impressive & very well equipped. I'm sure they hoped it would go down a lot smoother than it did but the bad guys decided to resist arrest. I'm glad the military finished the job. The days before this took place their were very few tourists around being mid Dec / mid week something had to be done and this was the best time to do it.

A STRONG message has been sent to the bad guys to stay out of RP and to stay out of Mexico's tourist areas. Yes the mini gun was super hard core & from our angle appeared to be used only as a massive overwhelming show of force deterant to end things as quick as possible. Early blasts by the mini gun into the sand in the general area of the shoot out's sent the majority of the bad guys fleeing for their lives where they were easy pickings out in the open on the streets by the awaiting well armed road blocks. 95% of the bad guys were dead in the first 30 minutes the next 2.5 hours was a slower paced mop up of the unfortunate 1 or 2 bad guys left behind by their fleeing friends.

I will remain in RP , continue to safely enjoy RP where the safety stats for tourists are very good & far better than many other cities. Its great to know these guys are gone & that the Mexican gov't will do what it takes to protect us. Even though the cartel guys arent harming tourists or locals & mainly kill other cartel members its best that they are removed from RP. Just as I will still vacation in Colorado, California, Illinois, Washington etc even though they are the sites of mass shootings life must go on.

Nonsense. .50 cal guns are not "mini guns". If it was necessary to eliminate a few "bad guys", it could have easily been surgically accomplished without so much drama. Rocky point is not Afghanistan. The whole reason for all of this is the insatiable appetite for illegal drugs in the US. There are now job openings to replace the deceased "bad guys". As long as the demand continues, and the border remains unsecured, nothing will change.

Nonsense. .50 cal guns are not "mini guns". If it was necessary to eliminate a few "bad guys", it could have easily been surgically accomplished without so much drama. Rocky point is not Afghanistan. The whole reason for all of this is the insatiable appetite for illegal drugs in the US. There are now job openings to replace the deceased "bad guys". As long as the demand continues, and the border remains unsecured, nothing will change.

Interesting that the federal authorities left as quickly as they arrived. They didn't even stay around long enough to pick up the dead bodies, or to preserve the crime scenes!

Eric

I think your missing the whole point. You say "there are now job openings to replace the bad guys" Yes drug lords will always be in Mexico but not BASED in a small tourist town like RP. The Mexican military made it VERY clear to all future drug lords RP & tourist areas will NOT be your home. Maybe big cities like Jaurez, Tijuana & Mexico City yes but RP & tourists areas no, no, no....You say "it could have been easily accomplished" Disagree completely, a job like this is never easy. The bad guys decided to make it make it very difficult & the Mexican military did what they had to do wiping out every bad guy and not harming anyone else.

Sometimes it takes a STRONG message and a heavy hand to keep the peace for years to come. I am very glad the govt is protecting RP. Over the last few years the cartel situation has been trending back towards the way it was for decades w/ minimal issues & violence and one cartel domination. Its not quite there yet but it is heading that way. The Mexican govt knows this & is clearly setting the proper boundries for the cartels drug route operations.

Like someone said on this forum "Rocky Point Strong!" Life goes on & the Mexican govt has shown they have our back & they are willing to do whatever it takes to keep RP safe..

Last edited:

mis2810

I think your missing the whole point. You say "there are now job openings to replace the bad guys" Yes drug lords will always be in Mexico but not BASED in a small tourist town like RP. The Mexican military made it VERY clear to all future drug lords RP & tourist areas will NOT be your home. Maybe big cities like Jaurez, Tijuana & Mexico City yes but RP & tourists areas no, no, no....You say "it could have been easily accomplished" Disagree completely, a job like this is never easy. The bad guys decided to make it make it very difficult & the Mexican military did what they had to do wiping out every bad guy and not harming anyone else.

Sometimes it takes a STRONG message and a heavy hand to keep the peace for years to come. I and am very glad the govt is protecting RP. Over the last few years the cartel situation has been trending back towards the way it was for decades w/ minimal issues & violence and one cartel domination. Its not quite there yet but it is trending that way. The Mexican govt knows this & is clearly setting the proper boundries for the cartels drug route operations.

Like someone said on this forum "Rocky Point Strong!" Life goes on & the Mexican govt has shown they have our back & they are willing to do whatever it takes to keep RP safe..
If you think for one minute that we actually know, or will ever know, exactly what happened you're fooling yourself. You're also fooling yourself if you think there are no more "bad guys" or cartel members left in RP. They are everywhere. They are people that hold real jobs that you would never suspect. They don't all look like the boogeyman. The whole point is to mix into society and control quietly. The army takes orders from the cartels. For all we know it was the cartel that gave the order to go in and take out their own guys that weren't falling in line. Read the book, "Opening Mexico". Mexico's ex-drug czar and head of the military was taking orders directly from the cartel in the 90s. RP may be a tourist destination, but it's still a direct route to the border and the cartels are not giving up control of that anytime soon.

geezer

would you bring young grandchildren here for christmas? is it safe? I think the narco prieto guy obviously got away and it's a cover-up that his body was stolen ....there is danger of more firefights obviously.....

Eric

YOUR QUOTE WAS " RP may be a tourist destination, but it's still a direct route to the border and the cartels are not giving up control of that anytime soon."[/end quote]

No one said the cartels will give up the overall area. You say" RP is a direct route to the border"? Not exactly...There are many highways heading north up through Mexico that are even easier / safer to use than going thru RP. The bottom line is if a main cartel high up dangerous player wants to set up a full scale home base in RP w/ his entire crew it AINT gonna happen as the Mexican govt just CLEARLY demonstrated.

The cartel can still easily ship their drugs north & will continue to do so and thats fine. But absolutely no need to set up a major home base in small off the beaten path RP. A few low level employees as eyes and ears in the area who blend in & dont make a peep will always be around every city in Mexico and the USA & thats acceptable.

The cartel can easily control the Sonora area from their operations set up in TJ, Nogales, Mexicali, etc.. ABSOLUTELY no need to make RP a home base. As the cartels situation keeps trending further to the way it used to be, as it is, this will be easier & easier for the dominant cartel to do ( controlling routes & areas from easy to maintain home bases in acceptable cities).

mis2810

" RP may be a tourist destination, but it's still a direct route to the border and the cartels are not giving up control of that anytime soon.

No one said the cartels will give up the overall area. You say" RP is a direct route to the border"? Not exactly...There are many highways heading north up through Mexico that are even easier / safer to use than going thru RP. The bottom line is if a main cartel high up dangerous player wants to set up a full scale home base in RP w/ his entire crew it AINT gonna happen as the Mexican govt just CLEARLY demonstrated.

The cartel can still easily ship their drugs north & will continue to do so and thats fine. But absolutely no need to set up a major home base in small off the beaten path RP. A few low level employees as eyes and ears in the area who blend in & dont make a peep will always be around every city in Mexico and the USA & thats acceptable.

The cartel can easily control the Sonora area from their operations set up in TJ, Nogales, Mexicali, etc.. ABSOLUTELY no need to make RP a home base. As the cartels situation keeps trending further to the way it used to be, as it is, this will be easier & easier for the dominant cartel to do ( controlling routes & areas from easy to maintain home bases in acceptable cities).
What makes you assume he was setting up a home base? They move around a lot. The Mexican government took orders from above this guy, the Mexican military is just delivering the message from Cartel Boss #1, who probably has the cell phone number of the highest guy in the Mexican military because he's on the payroll. You're assuming the Mexican Federal Government is acting on its own behalf, when that's clearly not the case.

Roberto

Now, now Carnac. Don't get your pisser in a bubble because Eric knows far more about the cartels in Penasco than you will ever know !! Hey did you get your prom dress from the cleaner yet??

2 lane roads and small borders are not good drug routes
I was told differently.
The cartels use the area north of the Lukeville border crossing to move a tons of drugs.
I have a 4x4 Tahoe that was stolen and used to make 2-3 drug trips based on the mileage it now has.
It still had some pot in it when I got it back.
When I spoke with US Customs about the case number attached to my vehicle, he responded that
Caborca through RP, north to Lukeville border area and through the Tohono O'odham Nation
was the favored route used to move the drugs into AZ, PU's and SUV's and ATV's are constantly found abandoned with drugs
still in/on them in that area. The tow truck company at the Gu Vo Reservation had a dozen SUV's and PU trucks in his yard still
waiting to be picked up by their owners.

Eric

would you bring young grandchildren here for christmas? is it safe? I think the narco prieto guy obviously got away and it's a cover-up that his body was stolen ....there is danger of more firefights obviously.....
Do your research actually it is fairly common for a top cartel person / family member who has been killed for their body to disappear from the morgue. I was racing the baja 500 a few years ago and a top cartel member was killed near Ensenada ( helicopter hit power lines above race ) and that night the cartel gang burst into the morgue in Ensenada and removed the body. ( google it ) I guess its a very big deal for the cartel family to bury their own immediate members. Let them have the body, what do we or the Mexican govt care about that....

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Do your research actually it is fairly common for a top cartel person / family member who has been killed for their body to disappear from the morgue. I was racing the baja 500 a few years ago and a top cartel member was killed near Ensenada ( helicopter hit power lines above race ) and that night the cartel gang burst into the morgue in Ensenada and removed the body. ( google it ) I guess its a very big deal for the cartel family to bury their own immediate members. Let them have the body, what do we or the Mexican govt care about that....

Last edited:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Eric... It's your opinion and you're free to express it here, as are others and their opinion. But really dude, you know very little of what you speak about.

<opens a new tab>
<goes to Amazon.com>
<searches Cheerleader Outfit>
<orders express delivery>

Merry Christmas! ;)

AZRob

Well a good thing is the news is saying its still safe for US citizens in RP. They had a chopper shooting to, someone missed and shot the window out at one of the hotels.