More killing in Rocky Point???

R

reportjones

Does anyone have more info on the killing last Monday near Vina del Mar hotel?

I hear the suspects walked into the San Jose Clinic and executed the victim as he was being treated for the gunshot wounds he received at the hotel.

Supposedly four suspects came in the clinic with auto-rifles and took the doctors and police officers hostage while they shot the victim as he was lying on a gurney????

This will set back any return of tourism for a while. I have read what folks have do say on this blog and I am for the most part inclined to agree. I also listen to what my friends and others have to say, and that can't be disregarded either. It is a mess of a perfect storm that will last a while. It is a same. "And that' all I have to say about that".

Speaking of RPNO, Rosie, are you ever going to put the old archive link back online? Or at least let it jump to the old site's format for those old issues? When I do use the new "archive search," it only goes back to July 23rd, the first issue with the site's new look/template. Would hate to lose all that old info!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Wow. Somebody really had it out for this guy. He must of known something or done somebody very wrong for them to take the clinic hostage and finish the job. Very, very brazen and frightful implications for Penasco. Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water... <cue Jaws music>

JimMcG

Wow. Somebody really had it out for this guy. He must of known something or done somebody very wrong for them to take the clinic hostage and finish the job. Very, very brazen and frightful implications for Penasco. Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water... <cue Jaws music>
No second chances with these boys!

Speaking of RPNO, Rosie, are you ever going to put the old archive link back online? Or at least let it jump to the old site's format for those old issues? When I do use the new "archive search," it only goes back to July 23rd, the first issue with the site's new look/template. Would hate to lose all that old info!
The archives as we knew them are history. I have an idea for getting that information back to where we can see it, but I'll have to talk to Mel.

As for the shooting at San Jose Clinic and how it will impact Rocky Point tourism. Let me point out that if the original poster had read RPNO he would know that the deceased was also armed and that this happened at 3:20am. And when the shooters went to the clinic, they hurt absolutely no one besides their intended target. Not even the police officers were threatened or attacked. Everyone was made to get on the floor, they finished their task and moved on.

Not a good thing, but worth mentioning that those who aren't part of that scene are in no danger. More innocent bystanders are hit by stray bullets in American cities than here in Penasco. In fact, it hasn't happened that I know of in the years I've lived here. Not once.

When the subject of danger or violence comes up in our conversations, we need to stop being apologists. Hold your head high and be glad for the opportunity to enlighten others. We are safer in Penasco than in the States, and we need to quit being afraid of the truth.

Derek

How could there be no description of the car at that time of nite ? It sounds like the police looked the other way as usual.

A

AZ Miguel

I think my days in Mexico are coming to an end. I saw nothing on the local Phoenix news about this and if this wasn't reported than no telling what else goes unreported. I know that many say as compared to the valley rocky point has only a fraction of the crime but per-capita I'd say the valley has less and any part of the valley that has this much crime I'll avoid too! Can you imagine if anything of this magnitude had happened in the valley?

jerry

According to Diario Del Deserto 2 more guys died in seperate shootings. A guy called "El Bebo in town and another guy on the road from Sonoyta. Rumor has it they are fighting over the Mardi Gras bead market.

Roberto

The Green LIght

Hey Jerry, isn't that supposed to be a blue light, not a green light nexty to your name? That's the light coming from your navel, right??

You know AZ Miguel, I think it is best you stay in Phoenix, in fact, maybe just stay in your house, no that won't work because I am sure you have heard of the home invasions that happen in the Valley, I not sure where you can go to be entirely safe, but if you read the entire story in RPNO and still think you will be in danger coming to Rocky Point, then I can only assume you are a member of a drug cartel, thus I understand your fear.:twisted: (The devil made me do it.)

Kenny

How could there be no description of the car at that time of nite ? It sounds like the police looked the other way as usual.
"According to witnesses the gunmen left in a grey 2004 Chevy Trailblazer with Arizona license plates.":roll:

apb739

Why blast AZ Miguel? I think he makes a good point. I also avoid places where known violence and crimes occur. You can keep yelling “we are safe here” but if this little tourist town keeps having these types of things occurring………why would anyone bring their family there? I can’t think of another US “tourist town” (the same size in population) that keeps having these types of “incidents”.

Kenny

Woodstock flashback

Hey Jerry, isn't that supposed to be a blue light, not a green light nexty to your name? That's the light coming from your navel, right??
What the heck kind of stuff :sunny:are you into Roberto, or are you having a Woodstock flashback,:shock: again?

I am not about to get into a battle with those who feel that they KNOW Rocky Point is more dangerous than any little tourist town they can think of, but just to enlighten you a little:
Mackinaw Island (Population 491) Burgluary 2, Theft 340, Rape 2, Assault 2

Sanibel Island (Population 5645) Murder 1, Rapes 16, Assaults 1, Burglaries 36, Thefts 60, Car thefts 3

Since the population of Rocky Point is approximately 50,000, you do the math.

But those of us who feel differently than you, are kinda tired of blanket statements without any basis!

Brad47

The archives as we knew them are history. I have an idea for getting that information back to where we can see it, but I'll have to talk to Mel.

As for the shooting at San Jose Clinic and how it will impact Rocky Point tourism. Let me point out that if the original poster had read RPNO he would know that the deceased was also armed and that this happened at 3:20am. And when the shooters went to the clinic, they hurt absolutely no one besides their intended target. Not even the police officers were threatened or attacked. Everyone was made to get on the floor, they finished their task and moved on.

Not a good thing, but worth mentioning that those who aren't part of that scene are in no danger. More innocent bystanders are hit by stray bullets in American cities than here in Penasco. In fact, it hasn't happened that I know of in the years I've lived here. Not once.

When the subject of danger or violence comes up in our conversations, we need to stop being apologists. Hold your head high and be glad for the opportunity to enlighten others. We are safer in Penasco than in the States, and we need to quit being afraid of the truth.
I feel better knowing the recent killings in Rocky Point are a result of trained assassins who mean no harm to the local folks or tourists. Your foolish to beleive if your not part of that scene your in no danger, give it time and it will happen. Any way I plan to to hang my head low walking from my coup to the beach this weekend, never know what may come flying my way.

J

Jamie75

Sounds like a hit to me. If it weren't so miserably hot and humid, I would head down today...7-1/2 months pregnant, without a care in the world.