More Promises Regarding Peñasco Home Port

GringoZona

Well Known Member

audsley

Well Known Member
Change of subject, since you brought up Desemboque. We see there are two Desemboques, one north of Puerto Lobos and another south of Libertad. I'm assuming the southern Desemboque is the Seri town you refer to. (I've not heard anything about their water situation.) Does the southern Desemboque have any special status such as exists on Tiburon Island? I've never been there and question whether I'd be welcome.

I've spent very little time around the northern Desemboque but get the impression there are many non-Seris there. Not even sure if there are any.

Old55

Well Known Member
Audsley hi. The Seri Desemboque is now actually getting the 20 mile for shit road paved and the 5 months of no water due to failure to pay cfe durring Covid has been worked out .If you ever go down they are doing some cultural tour stuff ( psychodelic toad skin gets the party started! ) but the time I went a few years ago with my Kayak I just got out the truck and started buying carved Ironwood stuff from the oldest woman selling stuff …then the next and I was really welcome….just avoid taking pictures ….the other Desemboque has some issues too but more gangster related …..clams about killed me once…https://proyectopuente.com.mx/2021/05/06/seris-de-el-desemboque-ya-cuentan-con-agua-potable-inicia-construccion-de-carretera-que-conectara-a-la-comunidad-con-carretera-36-norte-de-pitiquito/

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
We at one time would visit El
Desemboque and Puerto Lobos often but now avoid both due to the large amount of gangster looking dudes hanging around constantly staring down any newcomers.

Old55

Well Known Member
I haven't observed that problem in Lobos, but I can believe it about Desemboque.
Audsley, speaking of Puerto Lobos have you looked at pictures of fishing trips 15 years ago compared to now to chart catch …sze…type …etc..

audsley

Well Known Member
Leigh is alive and intermittently present in Lobos.

As for the trend in catch sizes and types, I've only been going down for about the past eight years. Don't know what it was like 15 years ago. I've seen old pictures of huge fish, but I've also seen big groupers and nice snappers caught in recent times. It was probably better in the old days, but I suspect there were disappointing outings back then too.

Old55

Well Known Member
Many of us keep talking shat about Mexico and yet they keep moving forward !
from Penasco Digital “
The Mar de Cortés cruise, announced by the Secretary of Federal Tourism, Miguel Torruco Marqués, will travel from Puerto Peñasco, Sonora, to the Marías Islands, announced the Governor of Sinaloa, Rubén Rocha Moya.

He clarified that it is yet to be defined who or who will manage the local cruise company and explained that this means of transport will take national tourists to visit towns and tourist attractions in the Gulf of California.

"With the idea that we begin to transport people interested in visiting many towns and tourist attractions from Puerto Peñasco to the Marías Islands," he said.

In addition to sun and beach tourism, Rocha Moya reiterated that this tour will bring visitors closer to other historic towns.

At the moment, it has not yet been defined how the cruise company will be managed, since there is the possibility that it is a parastatal made up of the five governors of Baja California, Baja California Sur, Nayarit, Sinaloa and Sonora or if an individual decide to manage it.

Old55

Well Known Member
I like how they are thinking …reasonable dwelling rates and the gringos stay on the booze barges !