Motel recommendation?

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Some friends of mine want to go back to PP after 10 years and asked me for a recommendation. They used to stay at the Cove. It needs to be reasonable (they are poor social workers, too) and close to the beach. All I could think of was the Baja and the Plaza Penasco but have heard bad things about the Plaza. I appreciate all your help.
Thanks,
Chari

F

FIESTAFROG

Before buying in RP, I always stayed at the Baja. Mike runs a good place there. And the swim up bar is great!

And its cheap

Jim

I have always like the Vina Del Mar at the Malecon. It is an older place, but it is comfortable and the prices are decent. I have friends who have visited from Texas 2 times a year for the last 10 years and they have pretty much settled in there.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I have friends that stayed at the Baja and really liked it, especially the pool. I've never been on the property despite having been next to it since it was built! I've stayed in the Senorial in the early 80's. I see they have remodeled it some. I thought the Vina was rundown the last time someone told me about it. But, that has been a few years ago and they must have remodeled by now.
Thanks for all your input!
Chari

Check out the Playa Inn...it used to be part of the Best Western chain, or the motel next to the Bumaye Club. Also, Desert Oasis has expanded the hotel/motel section.

Playa Inn - Dirty and roach infested

Desert Oasis - Ok...clean, new but now where near to anything especially the beach

For a cheap nice place and close to the beach, I would recommend Laos Mar, next to Playa Bonita.

Dezracer...the last time I checked, Laos Mar was cheaper then the Playa Bonita Hotel, but still not cheap.....unless they've dropped their price lately.

A

azbeachboy

What about the Granada Del Mar. You are beach front and can walk the Mirador. THe big room on the bottom floor have kitchens and two queen size beds for $88.00 a night.

rockyptjoe said:
Dezracer...the last time I checked, Laos Mar was cheaper then the Playa Bonita Hotel, but still not cheap.....unless they've dropped their price lately.
Not sure what you define as cheap...but its $95 a nite.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Kitchens? Hmmnnnn, that might work! I have never been in there and wasn't sure if it was run down or not.
Thanks Chuck!

A

azbeachboy

Ladyjeepers,
It's not run down but a bare basic room. They have a microwave and a refrigerator and a stove that might work. My friend never cook in the room. In the cool months the fireplace is nice. You have to bring your own pots and pans ect.
Upstairs is cheaper but you only have two beds and a bathroom.

Kenny

I've aways liked the Playa Inn and I've stayed there for most of my visits since the time they had only 22 rooms and no pool.. Stuart has stayed there for the same length of time and if Stuart is in PP you will find him at the Playa Inn without exception. I have never found it to be dirty or roach infested and they have good security as well.
I stayed at the Senorial when I made a quick trip down to fish with Ric and yes they have been remodeled but still small rooms and pool.The neighborhood has changed considerable as well.

The Granada Del Mar is a wonderful place right on the beach like Chuck said. We had Thanksgiving there two years ago and it was great!

Kenny