Motorcycle License?

mark miller

Help, can't seem to determine if you get in trouble with local RP Police if you are driving a motorcycle at RP and you get pulled over.....without a motorcycle endorsement (on Arizona license). Would they care? Soon, my 70 year old wife will be pulling out into traffic on her Shadow Queen and causing wide spread panic. Picture fish bungee corded on back and fluff stuff a dangling. I will try to post times when she hits the road for public safety. Slippery fish hitting your windshield could occur. Thanks for any info on license issues! Also, plan on running with Arizona plates with 5 year tags on my cars while I live down there. Drive very old but perfectly maintained junk cars. Is that being selfish?

Queen of Kings

Well Known Member
Help, can't seem to determine if you get in trouble with local RP Police if you are driving a motorcycle at RP and you get pulled over.....without a motorcycle endorsement (on Arizona license). Would they care? Soon, my 70 year old wife will be pulling out into traffic on her Shadow Queen and causing wide spread panic. Picture fish bungee corded on back and fluff stuff a dangling. I will try to post times when she hits the road for public safety. Slippery fish hitting your windshield could occur. Thanks for any info on license issues! Also, plan on running with Arizona plates with 5 year tags on my cars while I live down there. Drive very old but perfectly maintained junk cars. Is that being selfish?
I don't know for sure but I would guess RP cops don't even know what a MC endorsement is. Drive slowly and stop at all stops signs, real and imaginary, and I doubt the police would give her a second glance.

mark miller

I don't know for sure but I would guess RP cops don't even know what a MC endorsement is. Drive slowly and stop at all stops signs, real and imaginary, and I doubt the police would give her a second glance.
Thanks! I just had a nightmare of getting her out of jail with or without a slimy fish.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Hey Mark......

I kinda like your writing style, let's hear some more!

As far as I know the RP cops don't give a shit about outdated AZ plates, unless you cause an accident. I know dozens of Gringos that have beaters down there that never get them updated. Also, you can cut the doors, roof, hood and trunk lid off then they are not even considered a "vehicle" any longer. They have a name for them but I've forgot it. I'm sure that Roberto knows.

Having current auto insurance is a SERIOUS situation down there. You or your wife WILL be in jail if you are in an accident and can't come up with it.

Welcome to the Forum!

JJ

mark miller

Hey Mark......

I kinda like your writing style, let's hear some more!

As far as I know the RP cops don't give a shit about outdated AZ plates, unless you cause an accident. I know dozens of Gringos that have beaters down there that never get them updated. Also, you can cut the doors, roof, hood and trunk lid off then they are not even considered a "vehicle" any longer. They have a name for them but I've forgot it. I'm sure that Roberto knows.

Having current auto insurance is a SERIOUS situation down there. You or your wife WILL be in jail if you are in an accident and can't come up with it.

Welcome to the Forum!

JJ
Thanks JJ. I have only spent three days in RP in 2017 but I already have a year policy! Mexico jail is not on my agenda when I finally get my wife and I down there. I hate the whole concept of tattoos but I am going to have my insurance for car and bike tattooed on my ass. I will take another look at the policy because I assumed it was a policy for the car for wife and I (like American policies) and they don't expect us to have separate policies for the same vehicle in each of our names! That would be expensive and beyond our budget. Thanks for the info.

mondone

Whitecaps
If you are driving junkers, just get a drivers license policy in both names. It's liability only and very inexpensive and covers you for anything you drive, cars, atv's, sand rails, etc.