Motorcycles in Penasco

Roberto

P5040886.jpg
Saw these retro looking mini hogs at the bank today. American guys riding them. Said they were from China.

Son found this advertised at Pep Boys !! Gotta have one for the back of the van! Looks like a perfect Mexcian traveller. I'll have son 'distress' the bike first so it fits in !!

Last edited:

jerry

image.jpgYea screw that thing...you need one of these "Fat Sand" boys and the trailer that folds up. The bike has 20 miles of range...maybe 22mph

Kenny

Good luck. These bikes are complete junk.
Maybe, but this company in China jumped into a very competitive market and made it work by delivering a top of the line quality product for a much better price than the American Company's. The sprint car community is blue collar and conservative overall, and a sprint car chassis coming from China created quite a stir and trust me, it was bashed, scrutinized and demonised. The forums and messages boards light up like a Christmas tree, and the bashing would go on and on and on. Guess what? Look over their site and not only is it all true, they are now selling chassis and parts to some of the top teams in the nation and winning!! OK, some of their stuff, not much though, is assembled here, but hey, it's made in China and they've passed one of the toughest tests out there for dependability and more importantly safety. Trust me, every time a XXX chassis was involved in a bad one like the one below it was gone over with a fine tooth comb and to some dismay, they've stood up as good or better than our chasis built here at home and of course, they're cheaper.
Be sure to look at the about section and the testimonials etc. It's kind of interesting and maybe a little shocking in what they've managed to accomplished in a tough blue collar conservative environment.Triple X Race Co : Race proven Sprint Car Chassis and Sprint Car Parts, Midget Chassis and Midget Parts, and 600 Mini Sprint Chassis and 600 Mini Sprint Parts...

Last edited:

Hooch

Chinese garbage and inferior metal. Go buy a Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki/Kawi if you want your dirtbike to last longer than a week.

Kenny

Chinese garbage and inferior metal. Go buy a Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki/Kawi if you want your dirtbike to last longer than a week.
The proofs in the pudding so to speak, and in the case of the XXX stuff it's top rate across the board and it's been tested and scrutinized by the best experts out there with the metal and welds being at the top of their concerns. Look at the site and the testimonials and that's a tough crowd their playing to. After all, they put their lives on the line every time they strap one on.
And by the way smart guy, look at where the parts are made for the bikes you mentioned. http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/kawasaki-honda-yamaha-suzuki.html

Kenny

Jerry: that bike looks great. How hard is it to ride in the hard pack sand? What is it called and where can I get one? After owning every motorcycle, three-wheeler and quad imaginable I now have my eye on one these:
Same machine. Read the comments..Cool ebay find 85 ATC250 2-wheel - Moto-Related - Motocross Forums / Message Boards - Vital MX
"I rode an atc250R many years ago, all it wanted to do is wheelie. Very scary machine, I can imagine how scary this thing is. But I want it!!"

Longer than a day, really. One more thing, the China bikes come largely unassembled so you are the victim of an unqualified and usually disinterested person when it comes to things being tightened and put together properly. Also, try to find parts.

Kenny

Longer than a day, really. One more thing, the China bikes come largely unassembled so you are the victim of an unqualified and usually disinterested person when it comes to things being tightened and put together properly. Also, try to find parts.
Ha, part of the instructions that come with them is to check and tighten everything up before you ride one. But again and as I've shown, all your major Japanese bikes use parts from China and a lot of them. I'm not advocating buying one of those cheap bikes, but I am pointing out what the reality of the market is today.
Turn over your keyboard and you'll find it's probably made in China.

Last edited:

Roberto

Baja Motor Sports | Minibikes

See the illustrations here.

All the China bashing reminds me of when I was a kid and the joke was 'Made in Japan' as post WWII they were mass producers of all the cheap stuff. Their source of steel was recycled steel from weapons and military vehicles. Evoution, now Made in Japan is interpreted to be GOOD. Made in China will evolve the same way, I think. And Kenny is correct that parts for virtually everything are now sourced out of China. It's not all junk.

Kenny

Baja Motor Sports | Minibikes

See the illustrations here.

All the China bashing reminds me of when I was a kid and the joke was 'Made in Japan' as post WWII they were mass producers of all the cheap stuff. Their source of steel was recycled steel from weapons and military vehicles. Evoution, now Made in Japan is interpreted to be GOOD. Made in China will evolve the same way, I think. And Kenny is correct that parts for virtually everything are now sourced out of China. It's not all junk.
You have no idea how hard it was for the triple xxx company's sprint car chassis and parts to be excepted in that community, and the names that was used to describe the first to use them was as you might imagine.

jerry

Jerry: that bike looks great. How hard is it to ride in the hard pack sand? What is it called and where can I get one? After owning every motorcycle, three-wheeler and quad imaginable I now have my eye on one these:

Google Image Result for http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2012/05/19/FatCat1_836549.jpg
small world...I ended up owning 2 fat cats....not to skilled or much time on riding them and sort of worried about them going up a steep sand hill but giving it a try next time I go down. The Fat Sand are for sale in Gilbert by a friend of mine aaaaand online...They go great on low tide hard packed and if you peddle ok on soft stuff...no way up a big soft sand hill.

jerry

The china electric bikes are crap...the German ones are amazing but pricey(I tested some in Cologne) and the American ones like Fat Sand use an amazing battery system from Chicago and a mix of the best of China with custom USA stuff. The sprint car stuff is most likely a loss leader build in small numbers as companion product to a mass market line...just a guess

Kenny

The sprint car stuff is most likely a loss leader build in small numbers as companion product to a mass market line...just a guess
I don't think so Jerry, and the numbers of all they offer is not insignificant. If you look over their site you can see that there involved in all aspects of Sprint car type racing offering full roller chassis in multiple divisions plus all parts that go to them; Sprints, Midgets and 600's.There is no other application for these parts. Many times the reps of XXX have came on our forums to explain the different aspects of their company and the way the company works to bring top notch quality equipment to the teams.

"Triple X Race Co is a relative new comer to the Sprint Car manufacturing industry. The company was established in 2005 by Mark Badock and Cal Herdson, both open wheel racers with over 20 years experience between them. As the cost of open wheel racing escalated the two recognized the need for quality parts at affordable prices."

"By mass producing components, the company has been able to achieve their goal of supplying their customers with quality racing parts at realistic prices. Triple X have proven their products to be of exceptional quality, with all parts made from certified materials and tested by independent labs".Triple X Race Co : Manufacturing
It might not seem like it, but the cost of sprint car racing is very high and big business across the states. I think XXX has over 40 dealers across the county, down under and in New Zealand as well..Triple X Race Co : Quality

Last edited: