Moving full time questions...pets/movers

JulieArtist

Hi, I am planning a move full time. I have 6 indoor only cats, and need to move a one bedroom apt's worth of stuff, plus a ton of art canvases and boxes, as I am an artist.
So, who did you use to move you (if you did use someone) and would you recommend them and what was the cost?
And, how much of a nightmare am I in for regarding my pets? Cats already hate being in a car, and will be there for a long time, and then have to endure the border wait-any advice on this?
THANKS!!!!!

happygirl

Julie have you been there! I know everyone would be happy to answer your questions but in reading all of them seems you are very unfamiliar with rp. I would highly suggest you spend time there before setting down roots. And 6 cats in a one bedroom apt you will have a hard time renting anything on sandy beach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JulieArtist

Julie have you been there! I know everyone would be happy to answer your questions but in reading all of them seems you are very unfamiliar with rp. I would highly suggest you spend time there before setting down roots. And 6 cats in a one bedroom apt you will have a hard time renting anything on sandy beach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am not renting, buy buying. I am just using that as an idea of how much stuff I have. I have been to RP, but not in some time. I will be coming out to take a look around in about 3 weeks, but thought it best to ask questions here before I went.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Hi, I am planning a move full time. I have 6 indoor only cats, and need to move a one bedroom apt's worth of stuff, plus a ton of art canvases and boxes, as I am an artist.
So, who did you use to move you (if you did use someone) and would you recommend them and what was the cost?
And, how much of a nightmare am I in for regarding my pets? Cats already hate being in a car, and will be there for a long time, and then have to endure the border wait-any advice on this?
THANKS!!!!!
6 cats is a problem from finding a rental unit and getting them across the border.
Mexico allows 2 cats with papers at one time per person. Over 3 you need to fill out special papers.
4 is the max unless you make multiple trips. See the link below.

http://www.mexperience.com/lifestyle/living-in-mexico/bringing-pets-to-mexico/

Thinking outside of the box, there are many wonderful dogs and cats waiting to adopted in Penasco,
that is, if you could ever leave your current brood of cats with someone in the US.

You really should try staying in RP for a period to see how this all, will work out, as others have said.

JulieArtist

My cats are my family-where I go-they go.
I guess I will need to take multiple trips, or have family take some in their car.
I won't be renting, I will be buying. I am planning on coming out prior to purchase, of course. I am well in advance as I am in a lease in Phoenix for many months still.
THANKS FOR THAT LINK AND ALL HELP!

brokenwave

Well Known Member
My cats are my family-where I go-they go.
I guess I will need to take multiple trips, or have family take some in their car.
I won't be renting, I will be buying. I am planning on coming out prior to purchase, of course. I am well in advance as I am in a lease in Phoenix for many months still.
THANKS FOR THAT LINK AND ALL HELP!
Yeah, I have 3 cats and used to have a wonderful Cholla dog and they are family