My Brother Bob Off Topic

A

azbeachboy

Bob had new x-rays done today and everything looks good after his fourth surgery two weeks ago.. His doctor told him he could put his full weight on his left leg and pivot on the right. It was five weeks ago tonight that Bob was hit by the car. I'm sorry for him because the old forum closed before he had a chance to read all the positive comments from people that never met him sent. Thank you from his brother...
The doctors, prognosis is he will walk in a nornal way in the next few months. Bob still has a lot of atrophy in his right knee. His spirits are high and thats half the battle.
Chuck

Jim

Well Known Member
good to hear He's OK Chuck. Stop by sometime when you are here. I have not seen you in quite a while.

A

azbeachboy

Thanks Jim, It looks like happy hour at my place on Saturday. If not Kenny and I will stop by.
Chuck

C

colemanscottage

Wow Chuck, this is fantastic news! I cannot believe how much progress that Bob has made in these few weeks, no doubt due to alot of hard work on his part, lots of love and support from family and friends and God, of course!

Please let Bob know we think of him often and send him good healing thoughts daily.

So, with all this great progress on his part, I guess the next questions is when are we throwing him a bash in Rocky Point?

But seriously, Boyd and I are really happy to hear that he is doing so well and would love you to pass along our wishes for smooth sailing along the coast of recovery!

Go Bob, go!

B

BeachMom

Thats great news Chuck!! Go Bob...keep your spirits high!!

I'm with colemanscottage, a party is in order for Bob in RP when he's well enough! :!: He's got to meet all the crazies that are routing for him! :lol:

A

azbeachboy

The doctors told Bob after the x-ray's he could put full weight one his left leg and pivot on his right leg. Yesterday in physical therapy he stood up for the first time in over thirty five days. He didn't stand up for long but he did stand up :D .
Thanks for all the kind words!
Chuck

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Chuck, it is good to hear Bob is in his way to normal again, hopefully his recuperation will be faster by the way it is progressing at this point !!!!!

F

FIESTAFROG

Glad to hear it, Chuck! We were all pulling for him! I know what you mean about losing all the good information and positive comments on the old site. That would have been really uplifting! But we have new comments now! :)

joester

2 salty dawgs
good news -
all the good healing vibes coming from all over have found their destination.
a good attitude is very important in a successful recovery - tell him we're still
pulling for him! :sunny:

A

azbeachboy

Bob had more x-rays taken today. The doctors said they looked good and in physical therapy he could try to walk. This afternoon Bob took 112 steps in physical therapy. Today marks nine weeks to the day since he was hit by the car. Not once have I heard Bob complain about his situation. Bob might be able to come home in 3-4 weeks.

I'd like to THANK EVERBODY again for their kind words and prayers....

Terry C

Well Known Member
That is great news. Thanks for sharing his experiences with us.

As far as the old forum, the records should maybe still be there in a data file??

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
This is good to hear! Perhaps Bob will be well enough to join us for the 3rd annual :usa: :mexico: Thanksgiving Bash on the beach. :)

Encourage him to do his therapy. I know it hurts; I helped my mom three times with it (yes, she's had 2 broken hips, a broken leg and 2 broken shoulders and a broken arm over the years) and she is still walking, 4 wheeling and going off alone in the motor home at 81. Tough as nails and anything is possible with hard work!

Tell him I'm pulling for him.

A

azbeachboy

Fiestafrog,
Bob was hit in Tucsn. Today in therapy he took more than 300 steps. It looks like he's on his way home soon.

F

FIESTAFROG

Soon, he'll be like forest gump and be running! Good for him!