Name That Fish

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
It's a puffer, a Bullseye Puffer, to be more specific. The locals used to sell these in the fish market as "chickenfish" because the only edible part is the rear of the fish and it looks like a drumstick when cleaned. They can be highly toxic if not cleaned and prepared properly. "Fugu" in Homer Simpson terms!

Attachments

jerry

gives new meaning to " it tastes like chicken"
These guys took a cool trip South.The Smokestack pictures at the site of Liberty Cove.the Seri village,the Big horn Sheep nice shots all.

B

bahiatrader

I brought back a puffer once at the request of a Mexican friend who assured me he knew how to fillet it. He said it would taste like chicken. Rattlesnake and iguana taste more like chicken to me. With my dulled taste buds, it just tasted like fish to me, and it seemed like there was a lot of waste for the effort and possible danger. I just turn 'em loose anymore.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
jerry said:
gives new meaning to " it tastes like chicken"
These guys took a cool trip South.The Smokestack pictures at the site of Liberty Cove.the Seri village,the Big horn Sheep nice shots all.
Yeah, I didn't realize there were boojum trees on the mainland side at all -- always thought these were strictly in Baja. I'd love to do a trip like theirs.

jerry

I'm in! i know a guy that just quit smoking who's slightly dented jeep would make a nice addition to the caravan.Since Bob has people down that way and a big assed titan pickup we can put my atv in, he needs to be in on this! Plus AZ has eaten Seri dog stew and that fact alone should buy him a seat

Kenny

jerry said:
I'm in! i know a guy that just quit smoking who's slightly dented jeep would make a nice addition to the caravan.Since Bob has people down that way and a big assed titan pickup we can put my atv in, he needs to be in on this! Plus AZ has eaten Seri dog stew and that fact alone should buy him a seat
The Jeeps fixed Jerry, it was cherry when I was down at your place in June, remember? I did it myself except for the paint.

I'm in! I have two weeks just looking for a adventure like that. It's been way to long since I've set out like that.
That's right Bob, don't sell the Jeep! We have places to go and people to see.

Kenny