New stop signs

Roberto

Well Known Member
Spreading like flowers in the spring are lovery NEW stop signs around town. Good news, hope for enforcement.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Back many years staying at the Best Western (Playa Inn), we were talking to an older couple visiting from Oregon. Very nice folks. They left, said they were going to La Curva for dinner. A few minutes later, we hear a horrible crash. Ran up the street to see what happened. A drunken local coming from the south ran the stop sign at the intersection by Reggies. Hit their Suburban broadside at about 50 mph, rolled it several times. Killed both of them instantly. Was a very sad day.

I NEVER trust the stop signs in Rocky Point.

AZRob

Well Known Member
My head is on a swivel soon as I cross the border. Because I know how the locals drive.:gaah:

Queen of Kings

Well Known Member
You would be very wise to NEVER trust the stop signs in any country. Here in Las Vegas, so many people drive like maniacs. That's not even counting the drunks.

Hillbeartoe

Well Known Member
Knock on wood, but I feel things flow better down there than here in Mesa. Granted there are A HELL OF A LOT MORE PEOPLE driving here.
Just have to be diligent.
The new signs can't hurt, that's for sure.

Roberto

Well Known Member
[QUOTE, Stuart's quote I NEVER trust the stop signs in Rocky Point.[/QUOTE]

Especially when the GV terror is in town.

GV Jack

Snorin God
I have always said the Stop Signs in Mexico are more of a suggestion than a rule
That's what I tried to tell the judge. He suggested I give him $55.00, which I agreed was a valid suggestion.

I like the ones that are getting ticketed for going through intersections where there used to be stop signs.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
We got pulled over for not stopping where there used to be a stop sign, he told us we should have seen the one across the intersection and that means you have to stop.
I laughed, my wife laughed and the RP Policia laughed, he did let us go after asking for a cold water bottle we had in the ice chest.
Moral is stop when in doubt. LOL

Hillbeartoe

Well Known Member
You know the more I think about this, I realized the past two trips I haven't taken my quad down.
It is much different being on the quad everywhere vs. driving our vehicle. I felt less worried or nervous on the quad. But I admit, sometimes I miss a sign here and there on the quad.
Especially head on any dirt road between rodeo drive and Calle 13.