New to RP

A

AlanZ

Hi all

We are thinking of taking our first trip to Rocky Point this Monday. Are there inexpensive motels there? All I can find online are the mega resorts and condos. Hoping to find something in the under $40 range.

thanks for the help!!

:coldone:

S

Submarine

Last time I stayed there it was about $50/night but the Motel Senorial on Calle 13 isn't bad. It's about a block from the beach and right in the middle of the action.

Contact " Seadweller " He does bookings for places to stay , fishing and more. Barb, his wife also takes people clamming if the tide is good.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Welcome to the forum, and I would be careful staying at Calle 13, specially if you like to go for a walk at night, nott the best place to be unless there are lots of people around, like during weekends, I would suggest The Mirador Village hotel 18888345850, Costa Elegante 011526383836690, Playa Inn 18009528426, all these are around 45 to 50 per night and the one I like the most 'cause its history and location is Posada La Roca, 011526383833199,in the old Port and one block from all the bars and restaurants at the malecon, there prices range from 25 to 35 per night.
If you are from Tucson then you can take rockypointrides.com shuttle service and you would not have to drive and enjoy the scenery!!
A must while in Rocky Point is to enjoy and relax!!

Last edited:
A

AlanZ

Wow thanks guys for all the replys. Really looking forward to getting away for a couple days!!!

A

AlanZ

OK we are in at the Posada La Roca for a couple of nights...hope I can find it LOL never have driven outside the US before either. Again thanks for all the help and suggestions I'll give details of our experience when we get back!

WATCH YOUR SPEED IN TOWNS. As you drive the locals will be passing you like you are crazy but do not follow their lead. Do the posted KPH and let them pass. When on the main road between Sonoita and Rocky Point follow someone, NOT CLOSE, and use them as bait. You can run 65 + with no problem.
Sorry I forgot to welcome you to the forum. Have a great time. You can buy your Mexican Insurance on line from Rosey and print it out at home. She is safe and a great gal.
http://www.proalliance.com.mx/

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
OK we are in at the Posada La Roca for a couple of nights...hope I can find it LOL never have driven outside the US before either. Again thanks for all the help and suggestions I'll give details of our experience when we get back!
It is very easy to find, stay in the same road you drove into town, Benito Juarez Blvd, stay on it all the way, you will get to a traffic light, a think it is the fifth one, that has a big sign on top that says "to Las Conchas" stay in the right lane and continue in that same street, it will curve to your right, just keep going pass the little speed bumps in the road then it is going to turn a little to the left, slow down, you will come to a fork in the street, at that fork in between the 2 streets is Posada La Roca, across from Portofino Restaurant, it has a big sign, can not miss it, say Hello to Jorge and Eloisa and enjoy your stay!!! they are great people!!!! :cheers:

Last edited:

joester

2 salty dawgs
that motel by the Pithaya (Sammys) between PDO and San Rafael is on the beach and about 50/nt I think -
can't
remember
the
name .....

B

bahiatrader

We're assuming you have passports or passport cards. It will make returning much easier.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
If you do not have your passport or pass card make sure you have a copy of your b-day certificate or a notirized copy of it and a pic id with the same name as possible!!

Doug C.

You will be happy with "The Rock". Good place to experience Old Port, and management is good, Parking is on the street so be prepared.

Roberto

La Roca is good, stayed there many nights. Family owned and operated. Check out the Granada del Mar for your next visit. It is the ONLY hotel that you step out of your room onto the beach. Stroll down the hill from La Roca and eat at Mary's, the best fresh shrimp you'll find.

Roberto

Posada La Roca, across from Portofino Restaurant, it has a big sign, can not miss it, say Hello to Jorge and Eloisa and enjoy your stay!!! they are great people!!!! :cheers:
Well La Roca is on the other side of the street from Portofino but not directly across. You will pass Portofino first, on the right, then within the next block or so, La Roca just after the curve in the road, on the corner on left side of the street. You will have to turn left at that intersection and park on the street there. There is an airplane on the roof, so you cant miss it. I think his son does the ultralights on Sandy Beach.

Hey Ink, have you gotten lost coming from Arizona much!!:cruisin::cruisin:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
.....Hey Ink, have you gotten lost coming from Arizona much!!:cruisin::cruisin:
Not really, a couple of trips ago I took Indian 15 route to go to Casa Grande, from Quijotoa and although it was a beautiful drive and the road is very nice the speed limit was only 55mph and the road is build for easily 75 mph, very wide and the inclination on the turns are just like a race truck, nice and smooth too!! however did not got lost!! :eek3:

Alan, Someone from my office is on call 24/7 if you need anything while in town. Any business owner or authority will dial me for you. Just ask them to call Rosie Glover at 638.388.8207

Also, you can buy your Mexico auto insurance online from me at www.proalliance.com.mx a percentage of all sales will go to benefit the Fun Run Charities, which are The Youth Sports Foundation and Mark and Barb's Adopt-a-Classroom program. Please join the effort to raise money for these two very worthy causes.

Glad you're coming down, and welcome to this forum.

Rosie

Ink
Most of the time you can get behind a border patrol truck and roll across the res at 65 to 70 I got behind one of then comming back from RP that was traveling so fast I did not even want to keep up with him. He had to have going at least 90.