New Venicle

Rhino

Hey Guys, I need a quick response if possible. I am buying a new truck so will be crossing the border with a drive away temporary plate; is that a problem?

Also, I know it has been covered before but what are the directions for the new route from St Luis/Yuma to Penasco?

Wasn't a problem for me some years ago. A temporary plate is a plate registered in your name. So registration and ID would answer any questions.

Roberto

I was told recently that the Mexicans will not cross a vehicle with a TTag, but not by any official. Go to AZ dot and get a plate first!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
A temp plate with a registration is valid to enter Mexico. It has to be n your name.....duh.....but other than that it's fine.

Rhino

As a follow-up, I entered at St Luis yesterday (Sunday) with a temporary "drive away" sticker for the windshield which I placed upside down on the dash. I also had the sales paperwork with my name all over it...duh! No issues and had my first very enjoyable drive in the new ride on the coastal highway which was beautiful. I stopped in El Golfo and was amazed at all the people from CA & AZ enjoying the sun, sand and ocean. Hopefully, later this week, I'll breeze through the border upon re-entry at Lukeville.

I had a temp plate on my new gmc for the last few weekend trips down and had no problems, just got asked once for registration...