Night driving from Sonoyta to Puerto Peñasco

OldRattleBones

I've only been to RP a few times, have always traveled during the day, and felt safe as (safe) houses. I've read ambiguous warnings about driving at night on many sites, but I'm looking for some "real" information since I may not get to Sonoyta until around 8pm tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!
Rob

mis2810

Well Known Member
You'll be fine on a Friday night at 8:00 - lots of traffic. Done it many times with no issues. The only real danger is people speeding past at 90 mph.

Roberto

Well Known Member
I stopped one night for alocal man who struck a cow on that highway. He was MAD. Sais the owner would have to pay him for damages !! He found a brand on the carcass. I wanted the steaks but he said no.

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
We travel every other weekend at night from Sonoyta to Penasco with no problems- doing this for about the past 10 years this often, 19 years total. We once saw a horse stopped right in the middle of the road around Pinacate, so make sure your headlights are good. There are a lot of Americans heading down at this time.

Last edited:

TICO-T

Well Known Member
I've only been to RP a few times, have always traveled during the day, and felt safe as (safe) houses. I've read ambiguous warnings about driving at night on many sites, but I'm looking for some "real" information since I may not get to Sonoyta until around 8pm tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!
Rob
DRIVE IN THE DAYLIGHT ONLY. BEEN GOING TO RP SINCE 1975. TRUST ME.