Not going to make it down

Well it seems I am destin to not get to PP any time real soon. I got word today that the wire loom needed to repair my truck is on national back order and will not be available for at least a couple of weeks. What a bummer.
Any one out there that wants to rent your 1 ton truck with a 5th wheel plate give me a call 520 251 0656 Bill

What a bummer.....was looking forward to seeing you and Edna. If we had a truck like that, we sure would have helped you out. Hope you can find a way to make it down!!!

Landshark

Used parts may be available to repair your truck. A quick way to check availability is car-part.com. This is a nation wide website, with most all of the salvage yards participating. Limit your search to Arizona. You will find almost all of the Phoenix & Tucson yards listed. In the drop down box for parts, try Electrical Part Misc & Wiring, or Wiring Harness/Misc Electrical. Click search and results will show immediately. Good luck!

Roberto

Come down and stay at the hotel !! probably just as cheap as hauling the trailer and renting a space.

Roberto
You are correct but it is not like sleeping in your own bed etc. Do you hapen to know what Robert at the Pit charges and how do I get ahold of him ?

From what Matt (badfish) said, the downstairs rooms with kitchenettes are $80.00.....no kitchenette, $60.00. Bill, do you rent your space at PDO by the trip or for a whole year???

az-dan

Well it seems I am destin to not get to PP any time real soon. I got word today that the wire loom needed to repair my truck is on national back order and will not be available for at least a couple of weeks. What a bummer.
Any one out there that wants to rent your 1 ton truck with a 5th wheel plate give me a call 520 251 0656 Bill
Where's the trailer located? Is this a one way trip? I may be able to to take it down there when I go early Saturday or the following week.

A

azbeachboy

As of last week the only rooms left at the Pit were on the top facing the parking lot.

Roberto

:grin::grin:Just FYI, there may be some issues with the Mexican Aduana, different names on documents, etc. Should be OK if you are both present at crossing. Not sure but better safe than sorry. Also don't forget about your vehicle insurance, you have to note if hauling a trailer or not and I think a seperate policy for the trailer.

playaperro

El Pirata
Used parts may be available to repair your truck. A quick way to check availability is car-part.com. This is a nation wide website, with most all of the salvage yards participating. Limit your search to Arizona. You will find almost all of the Phoenix & Tucson yards listed. In the drop down box for parts, try Electrical Part Misc & Wiring, or Wiring Harness/Misc Electrical. Click search and results will show immediately. Good luck!
Thanks i loaned my truck out and they wreck it, I need a new bed or the right side fixed, it's coming out of my pocket so i'm being very frugal about it. It's a single
cab ford 150 flairside 97 4x4 two tone. I will look for a new bed or would it be less expensive to put a new panel on the right side, thanks in advance for your help.

Landshark

Dog, if the damage is only to the right outer bedside, it is cheaper to replace only the damaged part. To replace with a new part, installed, painted with two-tone, $1706. To replace with a used part, installed, painted, etc. $1220. Initial check on car-part shows 2 used bedsides available. This bedside is a bolt on part. Easy to replace yourself if you do that kind of stuff.

jerry

http://www.apcequipment.com/single-and-duel-wheel-.html go to apc and get a flatbed kit////cool looking
Thanks i loaned my truck out and they wreck it, I need a new bed or the right side fixed, it's coming out of my pocket so i'm being very frugal about it. It's a single
cab ford 150 flairside 97 4x4 two tone. I will look for a new bed or would it be less expensive to put a new panel on the right side, thanks in advance for your help.

playaperro

El Pirata
Dog, if the damage is only to the right outer bedside, it is cheaper to replace only the damaged part. To replace with a new part, installed, painted with two-tone, $1706. To replace with a used part, installed, painted, etc. $1220. Initial check on car-part shows 2 used bedsides available. This bedside is a bolt on part. Easy to replace yourself if you do that kind of stuff.
Thanks the panel are only $350, but i called this one salvage yard here in tucson that has one and he said to come look at the truck he had there and how much of the panel i needed and they would cut it off the truck, said thanks and hung up.

AZ-Dan
It is in Casa Grande I do have ins etc. and I will follow you down so no problem at the border. What size truck as it is big and heavy. 35 ft with 3 slides. My truck is a 1 ton How much to PDO?
Bill [email protected]

drop me a note thanks