Oct. 17 - 22 nd Sonora Rally

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
I must say Jerry.........

That was the biggest collection of lame assed dorks I think I have ever seen in a "race" video. Were the vehicles electric powered?? Who gives a shit about La Cultura de Sonora?? Where de fuc is de cervesa y TKT chi-chi chickies?? What about the two thousand horsepower trucks pitching five pound chunks of granite in their wake??

Shit man we see more action than that with the dildoes in their red shirts on quads patrolling the beach at Palya Encanto.

Just saying.....

Does Mexico Joe have any input?????????????????? Hey Joe wake up please!

JJ

Old55

Well Known Member
Well Jim, Like many “races” it has different classes.types of vehicles and is sort of a moving festival ( think Tour of Tucson which has a serious race but also 1000s of regular weekend roadbikers) ….its fun man! Heck it even has a class for 2wd cars but some serious offroad Dakar type stuff too.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
I wonder if the twenty foot tall white PVC cross at the end of the video had anything to do with those rowdy wild assed racers and party goers?

JJ

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I must say Jerry.........

That was the biggest collection of lame assed dorks I think I have ever seen in a "race" video. Were the vehicles electric powered?? Who gives a shit about La Cultura de Sonora?? Where de fuc is de cervesa y TKT chi-chi chickies?? What about the two thousand horsepower trucks pitching five pound chunks of granite in their wake??

Shit man we see more action than that with the dildoes in their red shirts on quads patrolling the beach at Palya Encanto.

Just saying.....

Does Mexico Joe have any input?????????????????? Hey Joe wake up please!

JJ
The Sonora Rally is essentially a mini DAKAR. Same exact thing. Stages and no official course. You get waypoint coordinates and topographic maps and you have to navigate yourself to the waypoints. Not my kind of racing so I've never really followed it but I have casually seen posts about it for the last 3 years or so on https://www.race-dezert.com/home/ and their Instagram page.

DAKAR and staged rally racing is pretty different than USA desert racing, IE The Mint 400, Vegas to Reno, Baja 1000/500 San Felipe 250... I did however watch every single stage highlights last month of this years DAKAR rally in Saudi Arabia. Just not my type of racing. It's more strategic than eventful. Not really a good spectator type of racing. Not that desert racing is either but it's more action packed and MANLY than rally racing.

US Offroad racing is an GM LS 6.0 powerplant pushing 850hp basically a Nascar setup and Euro burro Rally racing is a PEUGEOT or CITROEN 1.8 liter turbo 4 banger...

I do enjoy watching World Rally Championship though. Those guys are crazy!