Our favorite beach town!

marybna

Rocky Point is so great. Last year we went to Hawaii. The only thing I got was a picture of the house I grew up in. Why spend all that money and time. RP is 3 1/2 hrs away. The dog can go. The beach is wonderful. I can get lunch in OLD PORT with a beer for both of us for $10. And have a great dinner for $20. Try to do that in Hawaii.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Rocky Point is so great. Last year we went to Hawaii. The only thing I got was a picture of the house I grew up in. Why spend all that money and time. RP is 3 1/2 hrs away. The dog can go. The beach is wonderful. I can get lunch in OLD PORT with a beer for both of us for $10. And have a great dinner for $20. Try to do that in Hawaii.
Or San Diego....as you are looking for jackets and towels to cover up with on that cold beach!

MIRAMAR

The weather today is PERFECT- in the 80s, nice breeze, and the water is about 80 degrees. Tonight is the Tequila Fest- I love this beach town.

marybna

Yeah rub it in. We had monsoons today in Green Valley so at least it cooled down. But I am dreaming about my next trip down.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Yeah rub it in. We had monsoons today in Green Valley so at least it cooled down. But I am dreaming about my next trip down.
And a welcome monsoon for Green Valley it was Mary. Hopefully we'll get another shot today. I'm going to guarantee it by cleaning off the patio for the Fathers Day
party where I get to do the cooking. I don't understand how this works. Mothers Day = fancy restaurants. Fathers Day = he barbeques ??????

Jack...be happy that you have someone to celebrate with. My daughter is in Seattle while her hubby is off in Afghanistan....and my son,....well, we'll leave that alone! Have a great barbecue, even if you have to do the work!

GV Jack

Snorin God
Jack...be happy that you have someone to celebrate with. My daughter is in Seattle while her hubby is off in Afghanistan....and my son,....well, we'll leave that alone! Have a great barbecue, even if you have to do the work!
Thanks Joe...I've got a grandson, wife's sister and her husband, and an old friend coming. My daughter is in Ohio and my son in Long Island.

Your son-in-law will be in our prayers.. Happy Fathers Day.

And a welcome monsoon for Green Valley it was Mary. Hopefully we'll get another shot today. I'm going to guarantee it by cleaning off the patio for the Fathers Day
party where I get to do the cooking. I don't understand how this works. Mothers Day = fancy restaurants. Fathers Day = he barbeques ??????
BBQ/Beer is because suppossedly thats what Fathers/Men really want to do. If given the chance would you really go to some foo foo fancy restaurant? I think not. Margaritas on the beach work for me.

Speaking of father's day.....Happy Father's Day to all you dad's out there. Enjoy your day!! And Jack, you have to do the cooking cuz no one else will get it right!! That rain yesterday was nice....I actually turned the a/c off and opened the windows and doors. More today would be welcome.....we need it:)