Outdoor map of Sonoran Coast

jerry

Well Known Member
I am finally going ahead with using a domain I have (sonorancoast.com) to make a outdoor activities map of the coast and along the routes to it. If anyone is up on the latest tech for building a map like this or would like to help I think it would me a fun project.I finally have some time and would transfer the domain to a partnership...

audsley

Well Known Member
Why not team up with Mexico Russ? I'm surprised he hasn't already thought of this.

And I'll be grateful for your efforts if you manage to get it done.

jerry

Well Known Member
Why not team up with Mexico Russ? I'm surprised he hasn't already thought of this.

He ( and you) would be great for something like this...I think the first step is to find the best platform...

Roberto

Well Known Member
I am finally going ahead with using a domain I have (sonorancoast.com) to make a outdoor activities map of the coast and along the routes to it. If anyone is up on the latest tech for building a map like this or would like to help I think it would me a fun project.I finally have some time and would transfer the domain to a partnership...
In my early years living here I had the good fortune to travel the backroads of the Sonora coast and mountains. Are you sure you want to facilitate the visits of hordes of disrespectful tequila swilling, beer can throwing , flora and fauna trashing, Razer romping, terrain terrorizing, inconsiderate trash suppliers, water consumers to the lovely backroads tiny towns and fragile secret beaches of Sonora. The greatest joy to exploring to me is the serendipitous finding special places. You could spend the rest of your life doing that and not scratch the surface. Anticipating what is over the next rise is the biggest thrill of all. Give em a map of the bars, beer stores, topless clubs, taco stands, banana boat rentals, jet ski and ATV rentals, tequila outlets and high rises instead !!

jerry

Well Known Member
In my early years living here I had the good fortune to travel the backroads of the Sonora coast and mountains. Are you sure you want to facilitate the visits of hordes of disrespectful tequila swilling, beer can throwing , flora and fauna trashing, Razer romping, terrain terrorizing, inconsiderate trash suppliers, water consumers to the lovely backroads tiny towns and fragile secret beaches of Sonora. The greatest joy to exploring to me is the serendipitous finding special places. You could spend the rest of your life doing that and not scratch the surface. Anticipating what is over the next rise is the biggest thrill of all. Give em a map of the bars, beer stores, topless clubs, taco stands, banana boat rentals, jet ski and ATV rentals, tequila outlets and high rises instead !!
Shit....I am afraid you are right....ok...a secret map...I will put my Spanish spider hole gold mine secret spot on for you Roberto!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I'd be careful and you know why. You don't want some chowderhead ending up somewhere they probably shouldn't be. Could open up some serious liability issues.

"I saw this cool place on a map and the next thing I know, I was surrounded by dudes with machine guns!"

Just sayin'...

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Roberto, Sounds like you're referring to the culture shift that has taken over Penasco (and other places) during the last 30+ years, Find some sleepy little town with a great beach.
Americanize it, turn it into a lesser place than it was, with all the modern problems brought to it. Then move on to the next sleepy little town and repeat the process all over again.

The more remote a place is, the better chance it has to not get Americanized.

jerry

Well Known Member
I'd be careful and you know why. You don't want some chowderhead ending up somewhere they probably shouldn't be. Could open up some serious liability issues.

"I saw this cool place on a map and the next thing I know, I was surrounded by dudes with machine guns!"

Just sayin'...
Pulled into my place 15 years ago...you sort of get to know who is who or things go south.I few near misses,the ocasional death,a few ripoffs,seal bites,guns in your face,sunk beach trucks...all part of the experience.....why not let the young have some notes on our hits and misses

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!

I did think of it but nixed it as I became more and more aware that people even self proclaimed adventurous people don't travel very well and often find themselves in trouble of their own making.