Passport card

Kenny

I just received my card today, it took just a little over 30 day's. Remember you will need one, or a regular passport after June 1st. This time I think they mean it, maybe. :roll: LOL

ernesto

I was told to hold my card up by the steering wheel as I approach the port and my info pops up on their screen. There is also a scanner there that shows you how many cards in your vehicle were read.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Kenny, make sure you do not show the card with the picture facing to the left with "PPD-1528" under it... :lol:

Kenny

No way!

I wasn't planning on holding it up at all, in fact, I don't trust any of you :roll:... I'm going to hand it to him at the window while waving my flag :usa: and finishing my Ham sandwich.;-)

"Next-gen US passports and credit cards will contain RFIDs"
"They can be scanned through clothes, wallets, and even cars. The distance from which they can be read is also much greater than that of a barcode. At DEFCON an RFID tag was scanned at a distance of 69 feet, and that was back in 2005, the possible reading distance now is probably much greater than that".

La Huerita is on the stick!

Kenny

Last edited:

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
I wasn't planning on holding it up at all, in fact, I don't trust any of you :roll:... I'm going to hand it to him at the window while waving my flag :usa: and finishing my Ham sandwich.;-)
There better be cheese on that ham!

C

cactusamigo

New scanners have been installed at the Lukeville entry point with instructions of how to present your Passport Card for reading. My Passport is imprinted with a RFID symbol, but the inspector told me that it has to be manually scanned, which he did. Bar codes have to be optically scanned, which is a totally different technology. If you want to keep your RFID card secure from unauthorized access, you have to keep it radio frequency shielded, such as by wrapping it in aluminum foil.

J

Jamie75

New scanners have been installed at the Lukeville entry point with instructions of how to present your Passport Card for reading. My Passport is imprinted with a RFID symbol, but the inspector told me that it has to be manually scanned, which he did. Bar codes have to be optically scanned, which is a totally different technology. If you want to keep your RFID card secure from unauthorized access, you have to keep it radio frequency shielded, such as by wrapping it in aluminum foil.
The little holder sleeve they give you with the card looks like aluminum foil on the inside of it...they say to ALWAYS keep it covered in that sleeve..

J

Jamie75

Now that I look at the little sleeve, it has a picture of a sound wave looking thing, with a lock symbol, so I am thinking that means it's safe from scanning when in this sleeve..I hope.

Kenny

Now that I look at the little sleeve, it has a picture of a sound wave looking thing, with a lock symbol, so I am thinking that means it's safe from scanning when in this sleeve..I hope.
That's exactly what it is Jamie. He made a point of telling me about how to keep it "safe" when I got it last month. I guess I could have expounded on it a little more, but I knew Cactus was getting a early out..:lol: just kidding.;)

It's all right here Don. I think it was $10 for the photo...http://passport.arizona.edu/pageview.aspx?id=19853

Kenny

Last edited: