Passport card

Although they are less expensive, it takes just as long to get one, and they are not valid for air travel......

Boy, I just checked the web site.....and it looks like they raised the price of the regular passport....I got my daughter's last year, and I could swear that it was somewhere around $75!

Kenny

No hurry, never has been as far as I was concerned. I've never seen a difference in my time crossing with a license or license and birth certificate compared to people in front of me that used a passport, or comparing time's with friends who do. It was always known that it would only be good for crossing by auto or foot, no surprise there.
Stuart has been saying for a long time, and I've agreed, that this will be a simple and more economical way for people who only drive or walk across into Mexico, like me.
Not to worry though, I'll put that $55 dollars to good use.. :boat: GAS

Kenny

C

cactusamigo

However, after all the fuss, Stuart gave up on the Passport Card thing and got U.S. Passports for himself and each member of his family.

J

Jamie75

We broke down last week and ordered our passports. It was only a $25 adder to also get the passport card with the passort. We did it for the reason of being able to keep our passports in our safe at home and that it's MUCH easier to just carry the other card in our wallets. No chances of us forgetting them. I will let you all know how it looks when I get it in the next week!! :cool:

C

cactusamigo

Jamie - Let us know which comes first! Has anyone received a "Passport Card"?

ernesto said:
A simple copy of your birth certificate works. No need for more right now.
Although they may accept a "copy" of a birth certificate, the requirement is for the "original"....plus an "official" government issued ID, like a drivers license. Time is running out on this requirement.....2009 is just around the corner.

joester

2 salty dawgs
we'll be renewing our passports this month - 8 years old and all wrinkled from taking them into the water fishing with me.
we'll get the cards also - for travel into RP - so we can leave those new passports at home until we fly again. we have a trip in ealry Feb to Bahamas, don't want to mess with those older wrinkly passports when it really matters. seems reasonable enough in price.