Penasco Children's Foundation party this New Years eve?

R

reportjones

Got a email today from a peep on this website who told me the party is a no-go this year. The director of the foundation worked for Steve Schwab at Seaside and they got into a big fight. (I see a pattern here.) The chairman listed on the website is some guy named Ricahrd Lanasa and he now hates Steve. I am not Steve bashing, just reporting what I was told. No bullsh*t, this is what I was told. Sad for the kids.

R

reportjones

I sure hope somebody has heard different and knows if the party will be held. Awful shame if Steve ruined this like almost everything else he has ever touched. He and I used to be very good friends but his greed got in the way. This party gave so much back to the kids in Penasco. I have a call into Steve to see if I could run the party this year but he won't even return my calls. Does anyone else have a friendly relationship with Steve to see if we can get the party going? New Years is coming and it will be a sad day if this party doesnt go because Steve ruins relationships with everyone; especially those who are close to him. Maybe this Richard Lanasa guy can chime in and tell us what is going on with the party?

B

Beach Lover

I was planning to ignore you and your comments...clearly you are just looking for excuses to bad mouth people. but I am standing here to show you the facts... Steve Schwab has help kids and people around him the link below is from 3 different kids that were help by the foundation that Steve still runs.

http://defrente.com.mx/2011/02/reportaje-especial-ayuda-fundacion-local-a-ninos-enfermos/

I sure hope somebody has heard different and knows if the party will be held. Awful shame if Steve ruined this like almost everything else he has ever touched. He and I used to be very good friends but his greed got in the way. This party gave so much back to the kids in Penasco. I have a call into Steve to see if I could run the party this year but he won't even return my calls. Does anyone else have a friendly relationship with Steve to see if we can get the party going? New Years is coming and it will be a sad day if this party doesnt go because Steve ruins relationships with everyone; especially those who are close to him. Maybe this Richard Lanasa guy can chime in and tell us what is going on with the party?

DeeDee

This is the "general thread", why do you have to have your back up & bad mouth people? We are on this forum to learn about PP. We are spending our hard earned $'s to drive down ($1500.00 there & back) & have fun ( $ ), relax ($ ), meet new people ($ ). We can go anywhere. A friend of ours has been going to PP for 30 years now, he is one of the original tourists. He stays at PDO, every year for 4-6 weeks, I'm sure alot of you know Nick. Can everyone just be happy & grateful that we are fortunate to be able to go for a holiday, and stop the ****.
Thank you,
Sincerely
D & A

WoW... there's my little buddy Juan Manuel Cuadras sitting with his mother in the first photo on that website(that's an old photo by the way)... http://defrente.com.mx/2011/02/repor...inos-enfermos/

Here's a video of Juan Manuel and me along with the other children at La Montana School for Special Needs Children when they invited Barb and I to their Independance Day Party last year... that was when we gave Juan a little more Independance and freedom to get around by himself... He wouldn't stop thanking me that day using sign language...

[video=youtube;y1t6-cfiSIM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1t6-cfiSIM[/video]

R

reportjones

I could not agree more. I have made plenty of donations to this chairity and attended almost every party. I have seen first hand the smiles it puts on kids faces. I was told it was not going to happen this year, plain and simple. I was told it was becasue of some peoples arrogance. I assure you I will be there if they have the party over new years and my wallet will be out (once again). I cant help it if Mr. Lanasta is running all over town telling anyone who will listen that he and Steve had it out.

Now that is in the clear, when is the party? Or, was my original post dead on?

R

reportjones

No. Once you have been screwed over by someone, you become angry. When a large group of people get screwed over, they all become angry. I made amends with Steve Schwab several months ago at the urging of Dry Heat. I will now tolerate him when we are in public

Do I still like Steve? Absolutely not.
Do I wish him harm? Absolutely not.
Am I bashing Steve? Absolutely not.
Do I support the charity? Absolutely.
Has it helped a bunch of kids? Absolutely.
I am reporting what I am told? Absolutely.
Is Steve losing more friends? Sure sounds like it.
Does Steve have any friends? Other than Dry Heat, I do not know one single person who speaks nice about him.
Is EVERYBODY wrong and Steve is a great guy? I absolutely doubt it.

Meet the guy, have him handle your investments, then get back to me. Or you can talk with his former buddy Richard Lansta. I hear he cant keep his mouth shut. Iam in Rocky Point and hope to run into him to get the entire story. I will post it here.

NOw, the purpose of my original post was to ask if anyone knows if the party is happening so I can attend. Is there any info out there?

Can everyone just be happy & grateful that we are fortunate to be able to go for a holiday, and stop the ****.
Thank you,
Sincerely
D & A[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
R

reportjones

The weather is great down here. I wish they would fix the Malecon though. Went to Flavios this morning and had to fight the dust, dirt and traffic confusion. Almost ruined my fried whole fish. Yummy.

I could not agree more. I have made plenty of donations to this chairity and attended almost every party. I have seen first hand the smiles it puts on kids faces. I was told it was not going to happen this year, plain and simple. I was told it was becasue of some peoples arrogance. I assure you I will be there if they have the party over new years and my wallet will be out (once again). I cant help it if Mr. Lanasta is running all over town telling anyone who will listen that he and Steve had it out.

Now that is in the clear, when is the party? Or, was my original post dead on?

Is it the partying, the steve bashing or the giving to charity that you enjoyed so much..? You know if they don't have the party this year there are still many other charities for the children that would totally appreciate any and all donations... La Esperanza Para Nueva Vida AC, Esperanza para Los Ninos, La Montana, DIF... why don't you give your donation to one of them and stop talking about steve... it will probably piss him off more, to know that your donations are going somewhere else, than it does for all the bad mouthing him you can do on here...

and for the record I don't know steve, never met the guy, don't want to meet the guy and don't care about the guys bussiness... what I do care about is the help the children of Penasco receive from the Childrens Foundation org...

also for the record I don't know you, never met you, wondering if I would ever want to meet you and I don't care about your bussiness with steve... what I do care about is the joy it brings you, when you see the smiles on the childrens faces as a result of your donations...

I just don't understand why you feel the need to bring up the negitive in relation to doing the positive of helping the children of Penasco..?

Last edited:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Jones - not knowing you or Steve personally, I echo Mark's sentiments above. If you feel the need to bash Steve under the guise of "charity" and helping children, well... expect to go on vacation from this forum permanently. There are too many people here that work hard and spend their time and money to host events that benefit those in Penasco. To cheapen those efforts with a personal vendetta? Well, it isn't going to fly here. Period.

Roberto

Just to agree with Mark. There are many , many opportunities to help out here in Penasco. The need is great again this year. Food, and with the cold season coming on, blankets are needed. We all feel badly about the children most of all particularly at this season so if you can help out, give yourself the best gift possible, the knowledge that you were able to be generous with those who have much less than you. If you are unclear how to help out, ask here and someone will give you specific information to make your donation.

As always, just to make it easy, you can drop off anything at Twin Dolphins Real Estate office on Fremont, next to the Cruz Roja. If you specify where you want your donation to go we will be sure to get it there. The office is open 7 Days a week usually at least till 5 pm.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Is it the partying, the steve bashing or the giving to charity that you enjoyed so much..? You know if they don't have the party this year there are still many other charities for the children that would totally appreciate any and all donations... La Esperanza Para Nueva Vida AC, Esperanza para Los Ninos, La Montana, DIF... why don't you give your donation to one of them and stop talking about steve... it will probably piss him off more, to know that your donations are going somewhere else, than it does for all the bad mouthing him you can do on here...

and for the record I don't know steve, never met the guy, don't want to meet the guy and don't care about the guys bussiness... what I do care about is the help the children of Penasco receive from the Childrens Foundation org...

also for the record I don't know you, never met you, wondering if I would ever want to meet you and I don't care about your bussiness with steve... what I do care about is the joy it brings you, when you see the smiles on the childrens faces as a result of your donations...

I just don't understand why you feel the need to bring up the negitive in relation to doing the positive of helping the children of Penasco..?
Hi Mark. GV Jack Here.

I would like to send a donation by check for the kids. I see an address on another thread for here in Tucson.
That appeared to be for a golf tourney. If I send it there, will it get to the kids in Puerto Penasco? If not
could you PM me an address that works. (Preferably, here in the states)

Thanks and thank you all for your great work.

Thank You GV Jack

In response to GV Jack's request I sent him a PM with an address where donations can be sent to help the children of Penasco... I am adding it here in case anyone else would care to mail a donation...

You can make your check out to AIM and mail it to...

AIM
P.O. Box 54547
Phoenix, AZ. 85078

On the memo line of the check please write... Childrens Fund

AIM (Association for International Ministries) is the 501c3 Non-Profit that is connected to La Esperanza Para Nueva Vida AC (Association Civil) here in Mexico an AC is equivilent to a 501c3...

if you would like a receipt for your tax records please add a note stating so with your mailing address and it will be sent to you...

Thank You so much for your kindness and generosity, it is greatly appreciated...

Last edited:
R

reportjones

You make a great point. I will see that what I would have spent at the party goes to a charity in RP. A friend of mine has a charity he regulary donates to but I cannot remember the name. Bringing clothes also. Hope to get them through the border.

DeeDee

We are coming down mid January. I just finished washing 8? blankets to bring down to donate. When we get to PDO, we won't have our vehicle to use, is there some where close walking we can drop these blankets off or is there someone that can pick them up for us (as they are heavy)? Will there be a problem crossing the border if I had them in the back seat of our pick-up in (clean) garbage bags? I read something about crossing the border with donations could be a problem???
Thanks

Roberto

We are coming down mid January. I just finished washing 8? blankets to bring down to donate. When we get to PDO, we won't have our vehicle to use, is there some where close walking we can drop these blankets off or is there someone that can pick them up for us (as they are heavy)? Will there be a problem crossing the border if I had them in the back seat of our pick-up in (clean) garbage bags? I read something about crossing the border with donations could be a problem???
Thanks
I live close by PDO and would be glad to pick them up and pass them on if you want. Let me know the details before you leave there. You should not have a problem bringing them down. You are a warm blooded person and you need lots of blankets to keep warm !!