Penasco Drinking Water

joanC

Like most, our water comes from the City into a big plastic tank in the garage and is pump-boosted into the house.

Every year we leave in May or June, and return in 5-7 months. When we leave, the water lines and pump are shut off and the tank is full. When we return the same water from our date of departure sits in the tank. Invariably, the water in the tank is odor free and potable on our return, without boiling. I believe this is due to the water being very clean or, alternatively, us having cast iron guts.

AZRob

The water I think is good and clean because it comes from a well. But water sitting in a plastic water tank will get slim and parasites. Me I would not drink it straight. Its just like a Puddle of rainwater in a rock hole. After time it starts to grow mold. You cant see or smell it if its bad.
Thats called Montezuma's curse.
I would boil before you drink. Plus waters not going thru the water lines and its sitting stagnant in them.

If we're gone for 4-5 months during the summer, our tanks water will get that sulfur smell without putting a few ounces of chlorine in them.
I brush my teeth, rinse out using my tank water and we rinse off our veggies and wash dishes with it, but never drink it.
I do have a cartridge filter for the water supply line coming from the water tanks to my pump.
We buy or drinking water from Reyna or the Cholla water stores in town.

If anyone out there is drinking water with that "rotten egg" smell you are playing Russian Roulette with your health.

The smell of sulfur in any natural system is an unmistakable indication of the presence of ANAEROBIC BACTERIA as in the stinking black mud on the beach at Laguna Shores. That bacteria is the cause of many life threatening diseases some with no cure other that amputation as in gangrene or pulling rotting teeth to name a few.

Even washing your hands or showering with that tainted water is dangerous as the bacteria can enter the skin through small cuts or abrasions.

A genuine indicator of the local use of filthy bottled drinking water or even ice is that slight sulfur smell when you open a "fresh" container as in Penasco's Yuma brand sold all over town.

If anyone out there is drinking water with that "rotten egg" smell you are playing Russian Roulette with your health.

The smell of sulfur in any natural system is an unmistakable indication of the presence of ANAEROBIC BACTERIA as in the stinking black mud on the beach at Laguna Shores. That bacteria is the cause of many life threatening diseases some with no cure other that amputation as in gangrene or pulling rotting teeth to name a few.

Even washing your hands or showering with that tainted water is dangerous as the bacteria can enter the skin through small cuts or abrasions.

A genuine indicator of the local use of filthy bottled drinking water or even ice is that slight sulfur smell when you open a "fresh" container as in Penasco's Yuma brand sold all over town.
What is this Yuma brand of water you speak of?