Pet papers and passport

IggyAZ

I keep updated shot records and that's it. Never had them ask for anything and even if they did I doubt if they can understand the information. I also heard about the Vet. certificate but called Lukeville and they told me it wasn't needed.

Iggy in AZ

jerry

They really checked the pet paper work close on the way South today. They also said no beef allowed ..period... personal amounts of chicken and pork or it would be taken too...not sure what that amount is....also on the dirt,meal type food (think Alpo dry) If you get the left lane they check closer

badfish

They really checked the pet paper work close on the way South today. They also said no beef allowed ..period... personal amounts of chicken and pork or it would be taken too...not sure what that amount is....also on the dirt,meal type food (think Alpo dry) If you get the left lane they check closer
Thanks for the update. What papers did you show them?

Kea

How closely are they now checking the date of the health certificate? Or do they only check vaccination record?

We only get the health certificate once a year at their annual vet visit, but we travel to Peñasco several times a year. They've only asked for our pets' records at the border once & at that time they didn't seem concerned that the health certificate was about 6 or 7 months old. (I believe it's "supposed" to be less than 72 hours old?)

Thanks

jerry

Think you are ok...but the guy even made sure the dogs answered to the names on the certificate...
How closely are they now checking the date of the health certificate? Or do they only check vaccination record?

We only get the health certificate once a year at their annual vet visit, but we travel to Peñasco several times a year. They've only asked for our pets' records at the border once & at that time they didn't seem concerned that the health certificate was about 6 or 7 months old. (I believe it's "supposed" to be less than 72 hours old?)

Thanks

Kea

There's a form you can request at the vet when your pets travel internationally. Although I think we were able to get a "cheaper?" one because Mexico didn't require as complex a one as other countries. Not really sure. We just told the vet where we were going and they filled out a form (and charged us for it - but I don't remember how much). I've read that Mexico requires the certificate, but as I mentioned, ours usually isn't as current as it should be. But we do get a new one each year when they get their vaccines.

Our little dog will be parking at anyone approaching our car, regardless of what name you call her. Our older dog (14) may respond to his name or may decide he prefers his nap. He's pretty mellow these days. They are total opposites.

garyd

Just ask your vet for a document that shows the shots and dates. Mine has a picture of my dog on it as well

Most vets charge an arm and a leg for the actual form....mine wanted something like $40 and that was a few years ago.....I've just carried a copy of the shot record....and mine has the tag from the county....

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
:think: Where did you get that???
At our vet in Rocky Point, it's set up alot like a people passport, about 10 pages in it, for the dogs name, address, they're picture and a couple pages for the shot stickers and vet signatures. You can see, the first date was in 2007, and the last date is 2012, it makes it easy.

mis2810

Melissa, I am moving back to Puerto Penasco after the 21st of this month, when I get down there I will see if the vet still has any and will pick one up for you.
That would be awesome! Thanks, Bill! I actually received my new passport in the mail yesterday (3rd in my lifetime) and thought about taking apart my old one to make one for my gatita.

Sorry to hear about Fabiola - I hope she's doing well. Is that why you're moving back full time?

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
That would be awesome! Thanks, Bill! I actually received my new passport in the mail yesterday (3rd in my lifetime) and thought about taking apart my old one to make one for my gatita.

Sorry to hear about Fabiola - I hope she's doing well. Is that why you're moving back full time?
Melissa, a couple weeks ago, I went to see my dogs vet and asked about the pet passports. He said he changed suppliers and didn't have anymore, so I went to VIPets on Simon Morua (Ace Hardware Street) and asked if they had them and they do. He wouldn't sell me one though, he explained his supplier gives him one for each vaccination he purchases, so he gives them away when you vaccinate your pet. VIPets is the building painted like a cow.