Photo of "squatter" in Playa Azul failed Condo Project...Classic!!

Kenny

I think i know the origional owner of that condo.....
Me too, and when I was down in Phoenix last weekend seeing my daughter, I think I saw him selling papers on the center divider on 16th st.

JimMcG

Don't be too sure that the person on the balcony will not claim ownership by adverse possession, if they stay there long enough, without being challenged.

Also, anyone with interests in Mexico, even if it is not directly in the Penasco area, will also suffer from any negative publicity, where they are rejoicing on it or not.

Kenny

Also, anyone with interests in Mexico, even if it is not directly in the Penasco area, will also suffer from any negative publicity, where they are rejoicing on it or not.
I would think that it was the lack of truth, and almost no negative publicity that helped create this mess!

Last edited:

JimMcG

I would think that it was the lack of truth, and almost no negative publicity that helped create this mess!
Of course that was part of it, along with greed, deliberate fraud, incompetence, a non regulated legal climate, corruption and many other contributing factors.

Kenny

That right, there would be a large cast of characters in a disaster movie made about "Rocky Point". Soooo, who would be the stars, the headliners?

Roberto

Of course that was part of it, along with greed, deliberate fraud, incompetence, a non regulated legal climate, corruption and many other contributing factors.

I am in no way defending the developers but I am a proponent of personal responsibility so let's also please include the possibility of at least some silly buyers. From the photos of the alleged 'utilities' even a cursory inspection would have revealed that they were inadequate. I'm not a fan of paying for promises, buy what's real not imaginary.

Roberto

That right, there would be a large cast of characters in a disaster movie made about "Rocky Point". Soooo, who would be the stars, the headliners?
Just also please remember that many, many more people bought and own property and with NO problems than those relatively less in numbers who unfortunately got ripped off. Fraud like this occurs in the US as well and should not be tolerated. There is little recourse in the US legal system as well for this type of rip off. You go to court for years, spend tens of thousands of dollars on legal fees and maybe you'll get a judgement but then you have to find the $$ to collect. If you comitted Real Estate fraud in Phoenix and took the cash to Mexico you could live very well, as one of this town's leading citizens demonstrated.

Last edited:

JimMcG

I am in no way defending the developers but I am a proponent of personal responsibility so let's also please include the possibility of at least some silly buyers.

From the photos of the alleged 'utilities' even a cursory inspection would have revealed that they were inadequate. I'm not a fan of paying for promises, buy what's real not imaginary.
1. 'Silly buyers' falls under 'many other contributing factors'.

2. Many people bought even before the 'alleged utilities' were cobbled together for appearance, before the projects were started.

Either way anyone might cut it, the situation needs fixing on a grand scale before things will begin to get better. It is very sad indeed.

jerry

It was the Realtors. We grow up admiring and trusting them.it was sort of like going to the Doctor and having the wrong Kidney removed,then having to listen to your asshole friends say 'what did you expect!"

jerry

Don't be too sure that the person on the balcony will not claim ownership by adverse possession, if they stay there long enough, without being challenged.

I'd love to get a hold of the ownership list.I know a guy who solves problems like this one. Maybe they need to hire squatters and goats?

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Heck, I'm gonna squat in some unfinished condo next time I go down! Weather's starting to get nice enough to do that!