Pitahaya restaurant

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
We just got back from breakfast. We both had the steak and eggs for 4.99. The steak was nice and tender. You also get potatoes, beans, eggs and a big basket of hot fresh tortillas. Yummy and well worth the money! We'll be back.

It's the Bar/restaurant in front of Playa d'Oro RV Park.....used to be a wild place.... It's misspelled in the title of this thread. Pitaya or Pitayah....was renamed Sammy's for a while, but now it's back to old name.

OK Chari....if it is, I'll buy you a steak/eggs breakfast next time down....:moon: (it was a hard decision picking the smiley!!!)

RPChar

It is spelled Pithaya on all the old spring break t-shirts I have from there. Then again, they are spring break shirts.....
and yes, their steak breakfast is good. Can't beat it for $5.00.

El Gato

One night years ago - Spring break time - a collage guy decided to do a strip act on top of one of the tables - Louisa went after him with a broom! And she wasn't holding on to the handle :) - He quickly decided to put his clothes back on. Music used to be soooo loud there.

Several years ago, had to walk my dog in the middle of the night from PDO.....you should have seen the number of couples that were doing "their thing" on the beach in front after hooking up at the bar...and they didn't even have any blankets.....it was a wild place....

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yes, it was. I only went there a few times, it was too loud for me and I was way younger then.....

11-1-13
New folks running it now in it is aptly named The Pit
Our RV is only about 100 ft from there and we will not go back. Price I great, basic breakfast $3.00. My food was cold so In sent it back. It came back in abour 5 min and was still cold. Ednas was not as ordered and she sent it back. I had finished my not reheated breakfast well before she got hers back and she also had cold food. Did not even send that back and we also have not and will not go back

joester

2 salty dawgs
Bill,
that's too bad - the couple who were running it last year made a delicious breakfast - whatever they had was made to order.
tough place to make a go of it I guess, which is odd considering it has the "location" part of it just perfect for us PDO'ers.
See you and Edna next Wed afternoon.