Playa Paloma

jerry

Well Known Member
Any news about this south of rocky point...:stir:
Well, being a small time player that has interests in the Palomas neighbor to the South (las Dunas at Santo Tomas) I might not be unbiased but they seem ok....some nice people live there but it really doesn't have all the ducks lined up.I would buy finished homes at this point instead of a good sounding design/build deal as we've all seen that movie!!!!!(that is except if you have me as your design/build consultant..plus)...

Whatever you do stay away from big condos and vapor megabuilds like Parayso(South of Santo Tomas.

jerry

Well Known Member
A few more notes on the place a should mention.They really butchered the dunes and it is just a crazy layout (long,thin lots)
The underground power wasn't done right so they went with poles last i heard .
Gossip Alert******** so a guy i know was looking to buy a few years ago and one of the owners (I think the name was Richard Goy.??) told him the place was his mothers dream and he sobbed that he was was trying to complete it in memory of his dead mother.Two weeks later my friend ran into the guys mom in Puerto Penasco!

E

El Gringon

I wrote a long response to this post but it went poof when I hit reply.

Without the detail, all I want to say is the information posted here about Paloma is not really totally correct. Opinion aside, the dune there has not been touched, much less "butchered." The electricity works as planned and installed. CFE can provide details if any definitive information is needed. The lots are the standard 20 meters wide. They are more than 100 meters deep though which make them seem narrow. They are, in fact, much larger than most of the beach lots in the area and you can build two homes on each of the lots.

There are really interesting, realistic and legal developments, on the coast South of PP. BUYER BEWARE. DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE and you can find the facts on any deal. In the case of Paloma, you get what is there and completed no promises, vapor, or ducks to line up.

If you are looking for vapor megabuilds (I love and agree with this terminology) you need to look elsewhere, not PP area. Quiet convenient beach to enjoy with family and friends in a realistic and legally documented project, you have your place in Paloma, and other selected coastal developments in the area.
I know Richard and it sounds like something he may say. I do not know his mom though! jaja

jerry

Well Known Member
It is a great piece of land.I just think a road at the top with lots on each side (one story on beach front) would have been a better layout.

L

LCDA

Dear Sirs, I am new to this site so let me provide some info about Playa Paloma. We own the large dark brown house on Lot #15 of the second phase. I think someone on this site referred to it as "kind of Scarface cool". ....No offense taken. There are 3 houses completed. Two were done by Victor Llenes out of Penasco. He built our house in 13 months start to finish. Of course as with everything, it could be better but all in all we are pleased with the outcome. Victor also built the first house and completed the 3rd one after other builders failed to fulfill their obligations. We highly recommend Victor. Our WEB site is www.lacasadeamistad.com. Check it out. The lots are as described 20m x about 121m. The sales pitch is you can sub divided and built two houses. Doubtful anyone will do that for quite some time. We did have some issues with the electricty. The developer only provided a 100amp service to each lot. Not enough for large houses. However Victor went to bat for us in Caborca and got approval from CFE to install a larger service to our home. We have no longer had any electricity issues other than we get power surges because we are the only real load at the end of the long line. The developer is a guy named Paul Waterman. Paul has been nothing but honest with us from day one and also very helpful. It would be nice if the road were better maintained, but other than that we have no complaints. Regards.

jerry

Well Known Member
Dear Sirs, I am new to this site so let me provide some info about Playa Paloma. We own the large dark brown house on Lot #15 of the second phase. I think someone on this site referred to it as "kind of Scarface cool". ....No offense taken. There are 3 houses completed. Two were done by Victor Llenes out of Penasco. He built our house in 13 months start to finish. Of course as with everything, it could be better but all in all we are pleased with the outcome. Victor also built the first house and completed the 3rd one after other builders failed to fulfill their obligations. We highly recommend Victor. Our WEB site is www.lacasadeamistad.com. Check it out. The lots are as described 20m x about 121m. The sales pitch is you can sub divided and built two houses. Doubtful anyone will do that for quite some time. We did have some issues with the electricty. The developer only provided a 100amp service to each lot. Not enough for large houses. However Victor went to bat for us in Caborca and got approval from CFE to install a larger service to our home. We have no longer had any electricity issues other than we get power surges because we are the only real load at the end of the long line. The developer is a guy named Paul Waterman. Paul has been nothing but honest with us from day one and also very helpful. It would be nice if the road were better maintained, but other than that we have no complaints. Regards.
As your place was being built we checked out the progress on the trip to fishing spots North of you.It is a nice house.What does the ac bill run in the summer?Any trouble with access issues? I see the land on each side is for sale..hope they don't screw up the estuary/wetlands to the north.We all may get some help on the road issues as the powers that be in Caborca will be having a big party at Santo Tomas in September...big wigs from all over will be attending.

garyd

Well Known Member
The place looks great and would be somewhere I would consider if I was retired or a part time resident. I just would not want to add another hour to my weekend travel time. Good luck and congrats on your new house

jerry

Well Known Member
The place looks great and would be somewhere I would consider if I was retired or a part time resident. I just would not want to add another hour to my weekend travel time. Good luck and congrats on your new house
Gary from Tucson via Nogales headed down you can make it to our area in 4 hours and some change...when Sasabee route calms down again maybe 3.5
Heading North out of Nogales can be slow.I usually just go back Lukeville

Kenny

Well Known Member
As your place was being built we checked out the progress on the trip to fishing spots North of you.It is a nice house.What does the ac bill run in the summer?Any trouble with access issues? I see the land on each side is for sale..hope they don't screw up the estuary/wetlands to the north.We all may get some help on the road issues as the powers that be in Caborca will be having a big party at Santo Tomas in September...big wigs from all over will be attending.
Yes I remember that house Jerry, and if I'm not mistaken some pictures were taken of it.

L

LCDA

That is one thing Mexico cannot say is cheap.....Electricity :>. We have 5 AC units so that we can shut off parts of the house that are not being used. Last July there was 10-15 people at the house most of the month, running all of the AC's most of the time. That month the AC bill was about $600. :sad:

Regards.
Mel