Point To Ponder

C

cactusamigo

Immigration laws also serve to protect the public health, but only if enforced. Tuberculosis has recently raised its ugly head in the United States. It has appeared in communities heavily populated by illegal aliens. The news is full of the measles comback with only 131 cases reported nationally, but virtually silent about the much more serious disease, tuberculosis.

What is alarming is that our public health officials have not yet reacted to this serious threat to the public health. Children are not screened for tuberculosis in medical examinations required for admission to public schools because previous to being invaded by un-screened illegal aliens there was never a need to do so. There was virtually no tuberculosis in our society. Now we are threatened by its spread by the disease being present and undetected in children of illegal immigrants attending our public schools. Compounding this health threat is the fact that many illegal aliens work in the food processing and service industries.

All immigrants entering our country LEGALLY are required to have a medical examination as a part of the process. Screening for tuberculosis is a part of the medical exam. Those testing positive for tuberculosis are denied admission.

Many illegal aliens come from impoverished regions were communical diseases are prevalent. It's not the region that communicates the disease, it's the infected population. That's why one requires vaccinations, not required in the U.S., when one visits these places.

One reason for the prevalence of tuberculosis in Latin American countries is the way they deal with infected livestock. In the U.S., if one cow is discovered with tuberculosis, the entire herd is destroyed. In Mexico, only the infected animal is destroyed, leaving the rest of te herd either infected, or potential carriers. Milk from infected cattle is the primary mode of transmission to human beings. In Mexico, vaccination for tuberculosis is routine because of the incidence of the disease. However, many illegal immigrants come from the lowest levels of society lacking any type of immunization. These are not the people we want in the U.S. That is what our immigration laws are all about.

Bleeding Hearts - Get out of your dream world and wake up to reality! I agree, the first priority should be to round up and deport illegal aliens who have been convicted of serious crimes. According to government figures there are about 500,000 in this category. Set up a system to track the entry and exit of all aliens who enter the U.S. with a visa. Approximately 40% of the illegal aliens from Mexico have overstayed their visas. Building an expensive, ugly wall will not address this hole in the system. Vigorously enforce the federal laws against those businesses who hire illegal aliens. Deny federal funds to states that issue driver's licenses to illegal aliens. It's absurd that a few states still issue driver's licenses to illegals, while the majority require proof of legal residence...

J

JustGiveMeSol

cactus....whether I agree with you or not, you have the right to your opinions....without being castigated, or called names!

However, you are probably old enough to know better then to discuss these types of topics on an open forum....there will always be a few who either don't know how to read and understand what they are reading, or don't finish reading the entire post, and jump to conclusions or make "ass"umptions. No matter how valid your points may be, you will never convince them....since they never get past something that "sets them off". It's so much easier for them to call someone a bigot or racist, then to come up with a valid argument........and that is "ass"uming that they have the ability!

I'm sure you've heard the old saying....."Engage brain before putting mouth in gear!"

I had fun in the other thread trying to demonstrate just these points....however, I also realize they will never change.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Cactus we agree to disagree, but at least I do know were you stand and what you say is your true, unlike others that like to lie in order to get insulted to prove a point that has been going on for eons in our world!!!! like Stu's dad used to say "opinions are like assholes, everybody has one and they all stink" specially the ones based on lies!!!

OMG....the stuff I've missed the last few days!

A variation on "opinions".....

"Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Some are just bigger then others!"..... :lol: :roll: :twisted:

Kenny

No kidding Sol, that's your idea of fun? :roll: I guess you think kissing Cactus's a## is exciting and fun too! :lol: Welcome to the forum and I'm glad you've found us entertaining, you certainly are..LOL
Cactus is missed when he's away from the forum for awhile but I certainly don't see that in the future for you though.. :D.... I don't know, maybe you would be. Why don't you leave and we'll let you know. :lol: :lol:

Kenny

dmcauley

Cactus has raised many points to ponder, some I agree with and many not.
This new clown wants to stir the pot with his ignorance and biased opinions.
I think I'll just ignore him.