Porto Fino en el Malecon

InkaRoads

cronopiador
After so much discussion we decided to give it a try, we should have gone to Pane e Vino as we originally thought, the food was not bad, my dish was the "Gambini Cana di Oro" I was expecting a more opulent plate as the name calls for a golden dish with shrimp, well it was a mediocre Alfredo sauce over fettuccine pasta with 6 shrimps, am sorry my daughter makes a better Alfredo sauce than they do.
My wife had the recommendation of the waiter and ordered the "Gambini Gorgonzola" I must say this was a very tasty dish unfortunately they definitely do not know about mixing flavor very well yet, as the choices for the side dish are sauteed vegetables (carrots, onions, green beans and mushrooms) or penne pasta with tomato sauce, I have to say that neither of the side dishes went well with the gorgonzola flavor, specially the penne in tomato sauce, on top of that the waiter confused and brought the sauteed veg dish and realized that she ordered the penne pasta, after I tried the gorgonzola sauce, I went to the waiter and asked him to bring the pasta by itself instead of with the tomato sauce, he told me "the penne does not come with a tomato sauce, it is red but no tomatoes" sure enough it tasted like canned tomato sauce and of course it was a very bad combination!!
Before the dinner plates came out they brought us salads, one leaf of lettuce broken in small pieces with half a slice of tomato with some thick balsamic vinager, which was good the balsamic I mean, then in the bill they call it an antipasto and tried to charge me $70 pesos per salad, which we did not ask for salad to start with!!
Almost forgot we started dinner with a seafood soup called something "sopa di Mare" of sorts, anyway Restaurante Las Olas has the best seafood soup I have tried and it is a million times better and cheaper than theirs.
Anyway my point is for those of you that love italian food do NOT venture away from Pane e Vino!!!!