Portofinos

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Went to Portofinos yesterday for an early dinner before heading for home. I hadn't been in since they moved and wondered if the food was still great. I am happy to report that it still is. The Filete Portofino was as good as ever! Melt in your mouth tender with asparagus cream and chunks of asparagus on top. Yum! And the oil for the bread is really good! I snagged a french fry from my friends plate and they are perfect...real potatoes.

Buen provecho!

dwig222

What do they charge for the filet mignon dinner? We want to try it next week, but need to make sure it's in our budget. You never know in Rocky Point.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I don't remember Dwig but I'm sure it's 15 bucks or so. Check the menu online. It's really good!

dwig222

Thanks. The menu looks good. I'm a pasta eater, but hubby is a steak man. Not too bad on the prices either as long as the food is good.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
The filete Portofino is yummy! It has avocado cream with chunks of avocado in it on top. It was so tender you could cut it with a fork! It comes with a big portion of pasta in Marinara sauce and steamed squash and a bread basket. I think it was either 15 or 18 dollars when I was there the beginning of November. It was a good deal! I think the exchange rate is 12 and a half or 13 to one. Buen Provecho!

Last edited:
yeah....the exchange was just around 13 pesos to the dollar over Thanksgiving....the ATM was 13.1 but there was the usual service charge....and the money exchange in Sonoyta next to the Pemex at the bottom of the hill was around 12.9

I found the service at the Portofino to be excellent when I ate there (but that was about a year ago).

dwig222

We just had dinner there and everything was wonderful. We had a coupon for a free margarita and a free beer with dinner. Then we got our bread and the olive oil dipping sauce was spicy and delicious. We both ordered the filet with the avacado chunks in the cream sauce and it was to die for. Even the pasta sauce, which just looked plain, had a great flavor. He had a 2nd beer and I had a diet coke. The total bill was only $35!!! We plan to go back again this week before we leave and have the same meal.

Tomorrow morning we hit Lolita's for breakfast - machaca & eggs - yum. And then we'll try the fish and chips at Ramon's for dinner.

Last edited:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Told ya!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Glad you enjoyed it.. You will love Ramon's and Lolitas too. I like the combo plate at Lolitas for lunch or dinner, too. Crunchy and salty, Yum Yum!

Jim

Don't want to hijack this but we went to Thirsty Parrot today to say HI to Cathy. They have everything 1/2 price for 12 days I think. Had tacos, fries, quesadillas, beers and soda and the bill was $18 for the 4 of us. Highly recommended.

Just made a short trip down (Fri. afternoon thru Sat. evening)...and it looks like the town is dead....all the businesses appear to be hurting..... I think some have just shut down for the rest of the month of Dec. until after Christmas....the day you can pull into the Malecon on a Sat. afternoon/evening and find several parking spaces in front of the fish markets/bars/restaurants has to tell you something!!!:cry::cry:

dwig222

Yesterday, Sunday the 13th, it was very busy near the fish market. There were no parking places available. However, it looked like most of the license plates were local.