Pres Day Weekend

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Feb 16th is The Iron Chef Competition in Shrimp park be sure to stop by! Lots of artist and vendors will be set up you really need to check it out!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yes, that's why I'm coming, to go to the Iron Chef competition and Bohemian Nights and empty my shed....

COOL! I was exited to hear about the Iron Chef thing. Sounds like FUN!!!Mexico Beach Bum definitely worth a try too. I am sofaking ready. :)

Feb 16th is The Iron Chef Competition in Shrimp park be sure to stop by! Lots of artist and vendors will be set up you really need to check it out!
We're raffling off a seat on the judges panel...any takers? $5 per ticket. The other four judges are legitimate food experts, but we had to give at least one regular persona a shot.

That is a super idea. Put me in for 4. What charity will it go to and how do I get the $$ to you?

We're raffling off a seat on the judges panel...any takers? $5 per ticket. The other four judges are legitimate food experts, but we had to give at least one regular persona a shot.

That is a super idea. Put me in for 4. What charity will it go to and how do I get the $$ to you?
As they did last year, the Bomberos will be manning one of the bars, so they'll benefit. The other bar will be for the HD project. Other proceeds from the event will be split between the Santa Claus Club and the city's Hemodialysis Project. Currently there are about 45 people on hemodialysis in Penasco (some are children), who have to travel 3 times each week to Hermosillo or Nogales for treatment, further stressing families that are already at the breaking point with a sick family member. This city needs an HD facility. Without this treatment, people die.

Last week our first lady and the director of DIF met with the State Secretary of Health to solicit state funds for the project. They would like the State to provide the necessary personnel. They're also seeking Federal help with this.
This is a huge project, of course. We don't even have a location yet.

Some of you know my assistant, Paty Andrade. Her mother-in-law can no longer take the thrice-weekly travel, so she and one of her daughters have left everything behind and moved to Hermosillo.

Todd, you can PayPal to [email protected] or if you happen to bank at Wells Fargo, email me and I'll send you the account number. I've got 4 tickets with your name on them. Get to the event early, because we announce the winner about 5 minutes before the chefs start cooking!

The park has limited space for booths, so booth rental money isn't a whole lot. The chef's entry fee goes to cover the purchase of ingredients. The biggest part of what we're able to give to the charities comes from the sale of raffle tickets. Thanks to the generosity of those resorts who donate weekend stays and other prizes we can give away.

If someone here would like to purchase tickets or donate something we can add to the list of prizes, please do contact me...we need it. Jim Ringquist and the Sonoran Resorts have always been sponsors and donors of weekend stays, as has Puerta Privada/Mary Snyder. Both of them are incredible in their support for this community.

Thank you tons, Todd!

P.S. Thanks as well to Greg Bindel and everyone else who is pulling for us and doing their part.

Last edited: