Puerto Penasco 1942, when the train passed thru old port

Roberto

Google map shows a rail line that goes through the Mirador right close to Nuevo Leon across from my house, but there is absolutely no evidence of a roadbed anywhere that I could see. Know anything about that?

Thanks for teh photos Carnac, conjur up some more.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Google map shows a rail line that goes through the Mirador right close to Nuevo Leon across from my house, but there is absolutely no evidence of a roadbed anywhere that I could see. Know anything about that?

Thanks for teh photos Carnac, conjur up some more.
Roberto, I will see about finding you some info.......the train station in the old days was also in old port.

garyd

There is an old train station off of Benito Juarez that has and old taco place( closed, falling apart and full of trash) across the street from it. I was told "in the day" that was the place to go for tacos and etc.

El Gato

There is an old train station off of Benito Juarez that has and old taco place( closed, falling apart and full of trash) across the street from it. I was told "in the day" that was the place to go for tacos and etc.
Your are correct. I know that at least Ladyjeeper and I spent a bit of time and a few peso there after having danced all night. There was an official closing time for the bars in those days (can't remember the exact hour) but I know Hector, of Hector's Cantina fame at the old Playa Hermosa, would pay someone off if things were still lively. Only lights had to be dimmed or off - candles used - and we had to pretend to be quiet. In those days no a/c or fans so in the summer we would wear our bathing suit, go get wet in the sea, put on a shift, thereby creating our own cooling system - which, unfortunately, didn't last very long so required quite a few trips up and down the stairs to the beach.

By the time the train was coming in (I think the one that came from Mexicalli arrived about midnight) we would pile in a car and head down Calle 13 (don't think it had a name in those days lol) to the train station. It was a fun place to go.