Puerto Penasco desalination plant

playaperro

El Pirata
Was paying my water bill and overheard a couple water employees talking about a desalination plant doing a test run Dec. 1. So I hope it’s true or my translation of Spanish is incorrect.

richwi

As of today, other than small private desal “plants” that have the capacity to supply a few houses, there are no large scale desal plants in Penasco. There had been one under construction in Las Conchas a number of years ago but it never came on line.

As of today, other than small private desal “plants” that have the capacity to supply a few houses, there are no large scale desal plants in Penasco. There had been one under construction in Las Conchas a number of years ago but it never came on line.
Maybe someone should inform the president (Chuck Salem) of the Las Conchas HOA. Nice that he is shooting his mouth off about nothing. Sheeesh

richwi

Maybe someone should inform the president (Chuck Salem) of the Las Conchas HOA. Nice that he is shooting his mouth off about nothing. Sheeesh
The reason I know is that I am a small part of a private group looking into this. If there is another plant that is operational it hasn't gotten a permit from the city for sure. I was it were true though. Our neighborhood had at least two small desal 'plants' that each served 4 or 5 houses. One recently was turned off due to the high cost of constant maintenance. The other seems to be going strong

playaperro

El Pirata
I wasn’t aware of Chucks letter maybe it will help with rentals since they really don’t conserve.
We wait until next month when the desalinization comes on to city residents.