Puerto Peniasco a "homeport"?

InkaRoads

cronopiador
This is an article found in "Caribean News Digital" Mexico: They propose that Rocky Point is a Home Port for tourism of cruises Tuesday, 13/05/2008 Mexico. Great advances took shape recently between the government of Sonara, the Association of Cruises of Florida and the Caribbean (FCCA by its abbreviations in English) and the General Coordination of Port and Merchant marine, organism of the SCT, in order that the project to turn to Port can be a reality Rocky Point into a Home Port for cruises. In the meeting, that was realised in Guaymas between the governor of the State, Eduardo Bours Castelo, the president of the Association of Cruises of Florida and the Caribbean (FCCA, by its abbreviations in English), Michelle Paige and with the national coordinator of Ports, Alexander Chacón Domínguez, remembered evaluate the feasibility of the same. Also in that meeting a visit remembered the 15 October of the 2008 to Rocky Point, to know the destiny and to verify if it reunites the characteristics necessary to become " home port". " home port" it is an arrival port, the point where it initiates and it finishes the trip by boat; something that Mexico does not have until the moment. For the coordinator of Ports, Alexander Chacón, Rocky Point count on infrastructure important and a privileged location to become an arrival port; most important, an airport in construction.

I guess we will have to wait until October to know if it will be a reality and if so this will mean lots of new jobs for the area and turism will defenetly BOOM!!!!
Rocky Point seems to be the number one focal point for the Mexican turism industry, even though real estate is down, it might have to do with its proximity to USA and the access by land and air (soon to have a mayor airport too).
I wonder if that might be the reason why they hold off in building any "marinas"?

PS: I used Kenny's translator (yahoo Babel Fish) I was being lazy this a.m., so if something does smell fishy, must be your proximity to the fish market, go to Flavios and order a "bloody mary" :eek3: :eek3: