(quick) Passport Renewal ?

rplarry

Does anyone have a place in Phoenix for a quick turnaround passport renewal?

Any idea of the cost?

Thanks in advance!

ben21

Can't help you as far as quick renewal... But if it's just to go to RP, I wouldn't stress it too much, they'll still let you back in.

Just re-apply for a new passport and take the completed application paper work with you as well as a copy of the old passport.
I did that and the border agent said nothing about it when I presented the paperwork to him.
As Ben21 said, don't sweat it too much.

I haven't had my passport the last few times I have crossed (they can see I do have a valid one in their system) since my son lost mine. No big deal to them, I know people that have crossed with the application as well and have been fine. If you really want to get an expedited one, it's very expensive, go to this website and click on "Where to apply" in the top right corner. You must show proof you are going within a few weeks of the date you need it by. That's just if you really want to do it but like brokenwave and ben21 said I am sure you will be fine as long as you have other proper identification. I am getting a new one after the holidays, too much to stress about before I go again.

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/services/expedited.html

jerry

When you renew you get a reduced price if you get the passport card too....then just use that and keep the passport in a safe place

rplarry

Thanks all for the replies!

I should have been more specific as this isn't for an "easy" free-zone/RP trip, but for international travel.

Sorry I wasn't more clear (brokenwave)

Thanks all for the replies!

I should have been more specific as this isn't for an "easy" free-zone/RP trip, but for international travel.

Sorry I wasn't more clear (brokenwave)
For sure then try the website in the above post, my fiancé had to get one within 36 hours to go to Dubai (thank goodness his work paid for the expedite fee since it was a trip for work) but they are clear on the websites what the requirements are and I believe there is a phone number on there for any questions.

Roberto

I renewed on the govt web site got the express processing and overnight and had it in about a week!!

dwig222

When we were recently getting ready to go down to RP I realized my passport had expired in March. I called the border patrol and they told me that your passport is an I.D. only at Lukeville. They don't care if it is expired or not. They don't mark them.

TICO-T

When we were recently getting ready to go down to RP I realized my passport had expired in March. I called the border patrol and they told me that your passport is an I.D. only at Lukeville. They don't care if it is expired or not. They don't mark them.
The "Card" passport fits in your wallet, costs $50.00 and is good for 10 years just like the "Book" passport. Card passport will not work for air travel, but great for RP.