QuickBooks Pro 2009

Jim

Way off topic but I thought I'd throw it out here. I bought a copy of QuickBooks Pro 2009 and want to set the Bar accounting and inventory control up on it. I've never used the program and am generally not to computer literate. I've been told that once it is set up correctly, it is just a matter of simple daily information input. Does anyone living here, or coming down have experience and a willingness to help me set it up? It could mean some serious free food and drink at the Camel. Thanks, Jim

Vvalenz

Jim, I won't be there till the 15th, but it's pretty easy to setup. We use it for an auto accessory store business we own and for another business we own for inventory control/invoicing. If you don't get it set up by the 15th, let me know and I can try to help you get it going. If I were you I'd try setting it up and doing a test run. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions and/or how it goes!

Vicky

cholla

Jim, Ill stop in the bar the next time I am down and talk to you, its pretty easy though, just start on the set up and if you have any questions there is a help section that you can open into another screen and then just follow what it says.

John

Jim

Thanks for the replies. I am in and out of the bar so anytime I am not there, have the bartender call me and I'll come right over. I'll take a look at it when I get a chance as well. Gracias.

Hi Jim
Edna has used Quick books for years and says she will try to help. We will be down this weekend so lets get together. Do you have the books and the software?

You guys can work and I can drink beer. HOHOHO

Jim

Thanks Bill,
I've got everything that came with it from Staples. Just take Calle 13 towards Penasco del Sol and turn Right on the road towards Playa Bonita. We are a block and 1/2 on the right. Let me know when you will be there so I can be sure to be available. Thanks, Jim

HEY JIM
Quick books
In the company I am starting I did some work on the set up today. It seems you are going to have to put in all of the inventory items you want to track. These will have to go in as drink count as that is the way you sell it. 5%th of scotch =100 drinks or what ever. Keg of beer I think you said you only have one size so it can go in as by the glass. If you had large and regular if would need to be by the oz.
Beg of day less end of day = qty sold Drinks sold times drink volume = amount used and they should be close. You can do bulk sales, daily customer, in invoicing and it will adjust Inv. balance to where you should be .